How does this end cap come off?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I want to swap 2 drivers between 2 Synchros wheel sets. The non drive spacer just pulls out. The drive side doesn't seem to ( I can't pull it off anyway. You can see once the non drive side cap is off it takes a huge allen key which I don't have. Is there a tool that is supposed to go in there to stop the shaft spinning and then the drive side end cap unthreads? The microspline hub is the same deal.

Attachments

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What does the manual say? Might need a bearing puller or vice.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Does the driver body slide off the axle? The end cap on my Dt Swiss is really tight so I just take the whole thing off then pop the end cap out.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Any tool seats on the end cap to grab onto? They would indicate a threaded cap, which mean you need a suitably big-arse (probably 12mm) allen key for the off side of the axle, plus whatever is needed for the other. That said, it is highly unusual to have a press-on cap on one end of the hub and a screw-on on the other, so it might just need some careful clamping and a good wriggle to pull the wheel off it.

DMan

Any tool seats on the end cap to grab onto? They would indicate a threaded cap, which mean you need a suitably big-arse (probably 12mm) allen key for the off side of the axle, plus whatever is needed for the other. That said, it is highly unusual to have a press-on cap on one end of the hub and a screw-on on the other, so it might just need some careful clamping and a good wriggle to pull the wheel off it.
I thought it strange to have an allen key so wondered. I'm going past Bunnings tomorrow so I'll grab one. By the way, is the end cap on the drive side of an XT mt8120 wheel a pull off? Can't seem to get that off another wheel either. Bloody wheels! Bloody operator!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The wheels I've had similar to this had an end cap that slid over the end for the Alex key. The other end had a small bit of machining to grab onto with the every spanner.

DMan

The wheels I've had similar to this had an end cap that slid over the end for the Alex key. The other end had a small bit of machining to grab onto with the every spanner.
The drive side has a 17mm slot in it?