How is this bike?

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Waste of money. You will end up breaking everything and having to fork out lots of money. Not even the frame is good. Those chainstays are long as.

metrics

Likes Bikes
Better off buying a second hand bike if $500 is your budget and you want something for more than just cruising.

Bluemtb

Likes Bikes
I like how it says "This Urban Mountain Bike comes equipped with a rear brake for better stopping"

Don't even bother waste of money
it's like Going to Mcdonald's for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug.

same thing don't bother going to Big W for a bike

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
I like how they advertised it with "anodised chain ring" and "oversize front suspension fork"

Now that's an oversized fork!

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from 0psi in the other thread...

Haha, random thought. What if this is marketing ploy by Big W? Some marketing guy thinks he's really clever showing their 'awesome' bike on a cycling forum. Epic. Fail.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
my friend.
take it from someone who knows. As well as Someone who should have known better too.
I bought the Scout from Big W. They are OK if you are going to ride it on the footpath to your local beach or something 4 or 5 times a year. Thats what they are good for.

I originally purchased the Repco Scout from Big W to go riding around our local MTB track with my son. I also got hooked. So I started riding 3-4 times a week. I then got roped into doing the Scotts 24 hr at Mt Stromlo. After 6 mths there wasn't much left that hadn't broken. Or been replaced.
When we did get to the Scotts 24. I was fortunate enough to have a decent bike loaned to me. It was old....but an awesome bike.
I can say with confidence. My big W jobbie would have lasted 1 lap in racing conditions around Mt stromlo. my wrists & body probably not much more.

So for the love of God. Get a decent bike. Even if its a bit older.
I now ride a 2011 anthem. Its a beautiful bike. just converted to tubless last night too.

even if you have to wait a few months to get extra money for a bike thats going to be really worth while. because you'll spend that extra money repairing the broken one after about 2 months of consistent riding.