How many drug incidents does it take ya bunch of poncey nonces??!!

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
It is the perceived image that we have of our cultural/social leaders that they are more than human. Like suddenly discovering your mum was a $5 hooker from Singapore.

It shatters the image and makes us angry.

Then our emotions move to disappointment and then to acceptance of what we cant change. Look at some of the great painters of the last 2 centuries. Most were stoned out of their head but we now accept that as being something that is just them.

Take your bad example for instance, if you asked most people they would remember that he plowed a certain up and coming starlet/singer. Not that he did himself in in such a public and stupid way.

It would be hard to imagine the stress of not being able to blend into the crowd if you want to. Not saying everyone needs to be a number but you should be able to blend into the social background if you need the space.

A look through various "post your mug" threads has the same effect. The preconceived image in most cases is very different to the real person.
Doesnt make that person any more or less of a person though,just different.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Heavy night eh?

I tend to take the Bill Hicks/Hunter S Thompson radical libertarian view that what I put into my body is nobody elses f***ing business whatsoever (unless it's pinched from their stash, of course)
Having said that, there are way too many fuckwits let loose with good gear (Pete Doherty, Ben Cousins, The 2 smackheads who stole my Norco etc.) these days.

It's wierd though, just been reading a book about a guy who's been through re-hab for booze, drugs and sex. And whilst many scoff at the idea of sex addiction it is a very real problem. It's just the high profile victims who can afford the legions of hookers to satisfy their cravings are the ones we hear about whereas there are millions of sex-offenders out there who just can't help themselves from either publicly masturbating, sexually assaulting, looking at dodgy shit on the net etc.

BAsically all the 're-hab tales' I've read all say the same thing. That it's not always the substance that's the problem but the feeling it generates and if you get a good feeling from anything (say a cheeky pint of lager to a fat spliff to being balls deep in a horny beeyatch or buying useless shite off of Ebay) then it is very well possible that at some point you could become addicted. THe fact that so many people are so affected across such a wide spectrum of vices show that it's far from being outlandish or abnormal.

That all sounded a bit heavy and scientific for a saturday night (I've got no mates this weekend:( ) though so I couldn't help myself but draw a crude pair of breasts and write the word 'knockers'

(.)(.) "Knockers"

see? even I have problems...

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Too right Johnny. I know of quite a few people in the Education field, friends of Doug Anthony, speakers at international conferences etc who are 40+ and love giving the reefer a go. Smart, great to party with, brilliant people.

They grew up, just like us (only in an infinitely cooler time period - 60's/70's) and partied, raced bikes/cars, got fired from jobs, travelled the world, but now they have pulled their fingers out and have "Real Jobs". A Real Job can't erase the first 30 years of your life and completely change you as a person to the very core.

This whole issue with Footy players shits me to tears. They are footy players! Since when have they been pillars of the bloody community? It's a bunch of guys who love to run into each other at full tilt and get paid for it, then sink copious amounts of piss and see what wonderful adventure entails. A friend who used to do a lot of Bar work in Brisbane caught Mr. Test Fullback Bronco in the dunny racking coke years ago. What a surprise, cashed up 20something having a rockin night out. Who cares?

Drugs do make you feel awesome, but they come with a big price tag - Especially GBH - very very risky stuff, such a fine line between awesomeness and the dark side. Some people handle them better than others, and for some the high outweighs the low for a long time. Is the Dancing Judge gay by any chance?

Max Mosely doesn't deserve the shit he's getting. Yeah it's a little left field but what he does with his money and his hookers in his time in private is no concern of the world.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Geez Johnny, you finally found the good gear in China eh?

Drugs are another reason that megavalanche in Peru would be a very dangerous affair.

The idolization of celebrities and professional sporstpeople blows my mind all the time. It amazes me that the magazines in Australia with the highest distribution figures are all the Gossip mags (WW, New Idea...). These people are normal people, who are given loads of cash, told their awesome, then expected to behave.

I don't care what people put in their body, until it starts to effect others. Addicts who are pregnant or have kids, people driving on the gear, People getting into fights or robbing people are all examples who have taken their trip and made it someone else's problem. And thats not cool.

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
Like POSM, I agree with Bill.

Although I do find it incredibly shocking to find a millionaire performing artist getting loaded.

As Noel Gallagher once said, "I used to have a cocaine problem, but now I can afford it."

24seven

Likes Dirt
I agree with what has been said about drugs being a normal part of human life. I'm just finishing reading a book which deals with this topic and a few others called "The Doors of Perception" by Aldous Huxley. Recommend it everyone. In fact I think it should be on the drug education syllabus in schools; if there is one?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
EEErrrrrr, Amy Crackhaus!

Actually, I haven't smoked any wacky tabacky for a while (the bestest Johnny Cash from Pakistany gets around these here parts).

DRUGS ARE AGAINST THE LAW, FARKIN IN NO WAY PROMOTES THE USAGE OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES.

However, you'll also notice pictures of Churchill and Hawke in those pics. They were heavy on the crazy juice, they liked to drink and became successful leaders of their respective country.

Churchill: "I have taken more from alcohol than it has ever taken from me".

Alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, it's all drugs baby.

I was on the Coopers and Mojito train last night till the end of the line.