how much could i get for a giant xtc 29-1

james9625

Likes Bikes
i have a giant xtc 29-1 and im thinking of selling it because i want a dirt jumper and i need to pay of a dh bike
i haven't raced this bike or rode extremely heavy trials there is your general wear and tear but it is in really good condition.
how much would i get for it and would it even be worth selling?

james9625

Likes Bikes
umm its a 2010 its stock but i think i got the racing rims compared to the white ones that are shown on the giant website other than that its stock

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you are going to have to look at what new ones are going for - bikeexchange. then you need to make the price attractive enough for a buyer to go with your second hand bike vs new. I would have thought $1550 as a starting point for a second hand in excellent condition. Although there's one in NSW for $1699

ViS

Likes Dirt
As a guide, I sold my 2010 model about 6 months ago with upgraded cranks, shifters and brakes for $1200, and it was in great condition.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
The XTC didn't sell over the weekend, so I relisted it to finish this Sunday at 7pm.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...75198&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

The Anthem X29 sold for $2226 which was a steal I reckon with XT brakes and American Classic wheels.

Not to worry though, my 2012 Anthem X29 is due any day :)
What's the motivation for ditching the 2011 anthem 29er and moving to the 2012? Are you keen for the change in suspension? rest of the spec? just like to have the latest?

aaron

Likes Bikes
Yeah all of the above.

I'm keen to try out the Rock Shox setup, I love anything XT and 2011 Anthem X29ers are every where!! So I just had to move on from the 2011 though it has been one of the best bikes I've ridden and kind of hard to let go but I'm sure the newbie will be sweet. It'll be tweaked up with 2012 XT brakes and Stan's rims just to help with the difficult transtion :)

I'll post a pic when it arrives...