How much energy drink per week

Staunch

Eats Squid
Am i just making shit up ... again, or have i heard a story about a healthy 20 year old bloke, was dared to drink like 10 cans of Red Bull and almost died from the 'Bull farkin' up his heart? I know i've heard that somewhere ...

As i said on the first page of this thread, i generally have 1 a week, though not as a direct 'energy hit' before a ride or something like that, i use them as a recovery drink once i've finished a long swim or bike. They're very good as recovery drinks ... surprisingly.
Yeah, that's the only time I have the stuff.
I barely ever have any but when I have a can for some reason and after a huge ride/footy match/whatever and a mate rings me and wants to go for a ride but I'm already stuffed that when I'll normally have it.
Give me the energy to finish the day but then feel shit afterwards

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are you on about mate, its bassically a over priced can of soft drink with a few extra things in the mix eg taurine, ginseng, caffine, vitamins. Whats stupid is the people who rep stickers, jerseys all that shit of a company becuase they sponsor a rider or event they like, not the actual product.
This is a good point. I was just stating there's an amazing amount of kids that go around drinking their rockstar's thinking it makes them somehow cooler; well this is how it seems to me.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of you people must be hyper-sensitive to caffeine. How can the caffeine in one can boost your energy that much to sustain a days riding when already feeling tired?

I'll slam a coffee not long before bed and sleep no worries.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of you people must be hyper-sensitive to caffeine. How can the caffeine in one can boost your energy that much to sustain a days riding when already feeling tired?

If I drink energy drink of any kind before bed I'm generally up until the AM's, of course this can be used to my advantage for DH and F1 :rolleyes:

zanus

Likes Dirt
I used to drink 3 mothers a week, but one of my mothers uncles was an addict and turned sterile from it. There goes all want of energy drinks

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rockstar is the shit..... especially with all their new flavours mmmmm guava.
couple a week - mainly when I go riding but sometimes when I'm just energyless , no other sweet drinks but... just water and rockstar

saMfish

Likes Dirt

I reckon.. caffeine in energy drinks doesn't touch me. At all. Okay maybe a little but it's most likely just placebo. I drink Red Eye for the taste, love the stuff.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm constantly connected to a drip that is supplied with Red Bull.
Im so Hardout.

Oh I'm so funny

For me when I do have one, which is rarely, it doesn't affect me whatsoever.

Joy

Likes Dirt
I like Black V. Might have 1 a week average? Will down 3-4 if I'm pulling an all night assignment. Can't handle redbull anymore thanks to vodkaredbulls and jagerbombs. Did a night on no-dose once, went to bed at 8am and woke up in the afternoon with a hangover equal to a night of absynth.

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
i had 3 V's in about an hour then a mother a few hrs after that cause i had an overnighter workin at maccas.. and that was alright. i i rather mother than V, but again moderation, like anything is the key.

INRI

Likes Dirt
Are you still OS. Because man Dr.Pepper was good but no one sells it anymore.
Nah, been back in canberra for ages, we have two supermarkets in the city that sell it (Along with A&W drinks, american coke, coke cherry etc.). IGA's near uni's tend to stock it.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's the price like? Every where I've seen it's been ridiculously over priced.

Don't drink energy drinks at all and try not to have to much soft drink. Don't need a drink to wake me up or keep me going.

Doggy

Inconceivable!
i had 3 V's in about an hour then a mother a few hrs after that cause i had an overnighter workin at maccas.. and that was alright. i i rather mother than V, but again moderation, like anything is the key.
Wait....read your first sentence then read your second sentence. 4 energy drinks in a few hours is far from moderation me thinks

Jake901

Squid
Have any of you guys ever tried a monster, they are the best energy drink you could ever buy they absolutley shit on everything! its such a shame that you can't buy them in australia though :(

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ Im pretty sure you can. My local foodworks sells them. They come in green and red with what looks to be flame decals or something on the can? I've never bothered buying one.

Kuragari

Likes Bikes
Regular sleep works just well..

I've had one can of V...ever.

I think it was 10 or so years ago when they first popped up on the shelf. I just wanted to have a drink to taste it, I didn't know it was an energy drink until later, heh.

I hate the idea of having a dependancy on a substance to give me a boost or get me going.

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
Maybe one every two months or so, if that. I do have an addiction to Dr.Pepper though, so it's not all good news here :p
where do you get dr pepper?
i havent been able to find it for years! love that stuff.. (nevermind I read a few posts up, hmm raodtrip to canberra? i think so)
oh yeah, energy drink. Around 3-4 per week, Rockstar before surfing, cuts straight through ya for instant warm wees! Red Bull for enjoyment/refreshment. Or V/Mother if i can get it free (yuk)