How much is this frame worth......

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Give the whole bike to you son.

Imo the frame is not worth that much -it's 26" (flame suit on hehe) and non tapered steerer. I rekon if in good condition, maybe $300. You could simply sell the talon for $300.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Imo the frame is not worth that much -it's 26" (flame suit on hehe) and non tapered steerer. I rekon if in good condition, maybe $300. You could simply sell the talon for $300.
I'm with him.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah i would passing this onto your son, I recently found a 2010 Giant XTC Advanced 1 for the wife and think i paid 600 for the whole bike in EXCELLENT condition with full XT.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

That is optimistic for a few reasons...
1) that is a lot more than I think you'd get, even for the whole bike.
2) 19 inch sounds real big for someone of that height.
3) I could be wrong, but km not sure that bike is up for the way I see most 14 year olds trying to ride a bike...I see a lot of kids on the wrong bike trying to make it onto team red Bull and it is unnecessarily dangerous.

What type of riding does your son want to do? If he is one of the rare teenagers that wants to be an xc whippet, sure hand it on and let him shred up the trails! If he has any desire to get both wheels off the ground at the same time, cut your losses and get him a bike that will suit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep good pickup. 19" is pretty big, even for husband. I am ideally 19.5 and 182cm with dinosaur arms.
I'm about the same height and like to ride a mid sized frame (~16-18) under the potentially fse impression it allows me to be more manoeuvrabile and dynamic.