Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0-1 i gotta ride to the top before i can bomb down

• 0 i've never owned a front derailleur

• Total voters

Ty

Eats Squid
i know this is mostly downhill forum but how often do you guys get out and ride up some hills for a change?

Tasha

Likes Bikes
I love getting out at Gap Creek and riding UP and down hills.
Dont get me wrong, there is a place and time for shuttling downhills, but after a few runs i get really tired, as theres no breaks and its really technically hard for a beginner.
Its good to be able to keep up fitness and learn some technical skills all in the same ride.

S.

ex offender
Az said:
Socket said:
Melbourne is flat as a 10yo's chest. No uphills here!
Been out near templestow lately?? :D
I live in Nth Balwyn, Templestowe is just up the creek from me ;) Anything rideable out there is flat as (namely along the river). Gotta head out at least to Eltham before it's consistently hilly.

Az

Likes Dirt
I live in Nth Balwyn, Templestowe is just up the creek from me ;) Anything rideable out there is flat as (namely along the river). Gotta head out at least to Eltham before it's consistently hilly.[/quote]

smart arse! I live in Bulleen! yeah all the riding spots are flat but the rest of the suburb aint!

S.

ex offender
5 posts in and we've already bastardised the thread.

Back to the point: I don't do much XC, cept a bit around the river in Bulleen/Ivanhoe maybe once a month.

Az

Likes Dirt
I live in Nth Balwyn, Templestowe is just up the creek from me ;) Anything rideable out there is flat as (namely along the river). Gotta head out at least to Eltham before it's consistently hilly.[/quote]

smart arse! I live in Bulleen! yeah all the riding spots are flat but the rest of the suburb aint!

lindsay

Likes Dirt
I do 2-3 xc rides a week about 1-2 hours long. I dont think endurane is very important in dh so i usually just go as hard as i can for most of the ride. It helped heaps and even pulled my power to weight ratio up a bit.

These rides hurt though so quite often i end up just going for a fun xc ride that dosn't hurt so much. You usually enjoy it a bit more too. :D

Steve

Likes Bikes
I used to go at least 3 times a week for about 1-2 hrs @ a time and then have a longer 3-4 hr social ride on Sats. But now shuttles have made me lazy. I want to get back into doing about 1-2 xc rides a week though.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ha! never really, i drive to everywhere i ride, my 'xc' ride is riding back home from the train station, or walking back up a DH run...

Ivan

Eats Squid
never done any XC intentionally officer... i swear

Does random exploring of new tracks and that qualify as xc.. if it does LOOKING for jumps and downhills would be my xc "hours"

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
XC 2-3 times a week. Doing the Sunshine XC series next weekend!!!
I got blitzed last round due to lack of fitness, but that made me realize I had to ride more.

i think everyone should mix in some XC with thier riding to keep the fitness up.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
started off with XC its great fun, but my bike now only has a single chain ring so i can't afford to go up hills. makes matters worse that its a 42tooh chain ring

big dan

Likes Dirt
depends on what sort of xc...gettin worked over on long climbs isnt much fun but singletrack stuff rocks...slow on the climb then bomb the rest...its a good change from shuttles too.

zac

Likes Dirt
we tend to walk up hills and ride down around nerang state forest and hinze dam - more fun that way. three hills sux!!!