how to/ DIY section

tidlibit

Likes Dirt
from a long time user/ lurker

i really feel that there is need for a how to section that can have basic stickys of how to tune gears, disk/rim breaks tune suspension aligning components ect ect along with more complicated threads on anything maintenace/working on your bike based.

somewhere the newbie can go for info on how to make there gears or brakes work better and more advanced users can suggest tips/tricks for these things and also things such as suspension service/ brake bleeds bearing service, as well as modifictions to various parts to make them work better (with a disclaimer, this will void warranty, potentially ruin your expensive bike part ect ect )

i also think there needs to be threads for asking questions for a specific thing/problem witch parts and stuff can be used for but also a place only for tuturials/ guides without being lost to the depths of the threads. this can be done as stickys but im sure that will get clogged up fast. a dedicted forum where all noncontributing threads are deleted/moved?

i often go searching for peoples opinion/help on certain things and cant find them or it turns up in a unrelated section.

i understand parts and stuff can cater for specific questions but with how often the threads are deleted, i think it would be good to have all tech guides in one place where they are safe.

just somewhere people can go for tech info and even share there knowledge

im sure that there are bike mechanics as well as bike users that know bucketloads of things as well as things you wouldint learn in your general how to vids/guides on the net.

im sure aspects can be worked on but thats my idea in a nutshell

make a DIY section

redbruce

Eats Squid
from a long time user/ lurker

i really feel that there is need for a how to section that can have basic stickys of how to tune gears, disk/rim breaks tune suspension aligning components ect ect along with more complicated threads on anything maintenace/working on your bike based.

somewhere the newbie can go for info on how to make there gears or brakes work better and more advanced users can suggest tips/tricks for these things and also things such as suspension service/ brake bleeds bearing service, as well as modifictions to various parts to make them work better (with a disclaimer, this will void warranty, potentially ruin your expensive bike part ect ect )

i also think there needs to be threads for asking questions for a specific thing/problem witch parts and stuff can be used for but also a place only for tuturials/ guides without being lost to the depths of the threads. this can be done as stickys but im sure that will get clogged up fast. a dedicted forum where all noncontributing threads are deleted/moved?

i often go searching for peoples opinion/help on certain things and cant find them or it turns up in a unrelated section.

i understand parts and stuff can cater for specific questions but with how often the threads are deleted, i think it would be good to have all tech guides in one place where they are safe.

just somewhere people can go for tech info and even share there knowledge

im sure that there are bike mechanics as well as bike users that know bucketloads of things as well as things you wouldint learn in your general how to vids/guides on the net.

im sure aspects can be worked on but thats my idea in a nutshell

make a DIY section
That is already covered in the section called Part's 'n' stuff.

tidlibit

Likes Dirt
parts and stuff is great if you want to ask a question about a particular thing but if you want somewhere you can post a how to guide/tutorial on how to do something bike related, sure you can post it in parts and stuff and hope it might become a sticky, otherwise it just ends up behind pages of questions only to be found by the person who goes looking for that specific guide/info.

if there was a place that these guides could be compiled and browsed, i think it would be quite beneficial.