how to find out about local races,

freeride_sweet

Likes Dirt
i was just wondering how to findout where and when some of the local races are in vic, i also find threads saying that youyangs was sick, and i cant find out where that found out that the races was,

and if someone knows when the next races is can u let me know as well

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I think the only way to find out about local races is to check the clubs websites or go into your local shop, most times they will have info on local racers or at least people working there that know whats going on.

I tried to start a calendar for Victoria (www.vtcal.netfirms.com), but it was just too much work and too time consuming to goto all the sites and find the information about the races and opendays. Im still open to the idea of running it if people / clubs wanted to help out and email any details of races or events they know are coming up.

I did email the clubs to see if they would email me details of events when they were coming up, but I only got 1 reply from roughly 10-15 emails I sent out.

richiev

Likes Bikes
freeride: your best bet, as wkkie said, is to check out the club websites on a regular basis.
Club websites:

Club MUD: www.clubmud.com.au
Fat Tyre Fyers: www.ftf.com.au
Geelong MTB Club: www.gmbc.com.au

They all have calendars, and Club MUD usually advertise there races in the Downhill forum.
Most races are also advertised in the Forums so keep an eye out.

Cheers.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
freeride_sweet said:
i also find threads saying that youyangs was sick, and i cant find out where that found out that the races was,
Hey Freeride

I'm riding the You Yangs this Sunday a.m. I'll be doing the downhill trail. If you're interested in coming along, PM me.