to race 4x on.i want to race but im
not sure on how to get started and
what sort of stuff id need. id be
racing in the super series as im near
t/bar
4 hun in grass.jpg

nlc8)

Western Sydney MTB Club
thanks for the help fullas. what would i need? like a full face and gloves and the likes??
I know at our club we require full face helmet for 4x but I don't know if it's mandatory mtba rule. Depends on which club is hosting the race if it's not a mtba requirement.

gloves, well I wear gloves what ever kinda riding I'm doing.

Most of the riders I see in 4x wear some sort of body armour, knee/shin and/or elbow/forearm armour and alot have the breast/back body armour too. But it's not mandatory.

Hope that helps.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1. You have the bike now just get a full face, some elbow and knee pads and you'll be sweet.
2. Come to 4X race at Toowoomba on 7th March.
3. Get some practice in on the track before hand by helping out with track maintenance - keep an eye out in the Toowoomba club section on Rotorburn for notices... They'll be running a day of maint before the race for sure, so take a shovel and your bike...

cheers guys,
im going to try to get to the race on the 7th just to check it out. im 16 so what age group would i race in??

DHZILLA

Likes Dirt
In the RE-reschedule of the QLD 4X Super Series Thread in has a few requirements. Is this standard for all 4X Races? Is there any other rules?
Bike Requirements:
All bikes must be presented upon registration and riders will not be given a start plate until their competition bike fulfils the requirements as stated below.

1. All bikes used in mountain cross competition must have two working brakes, one front and one rear
2. All bikes must be fitted with handlebar plugs.
3. All bikes must, additionally, have at least 2 of the following 3 characteristics:
26"" wheels front and rear
Functional front suspension
More than one working rear gear