How to get to the top with no shuttle car???

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
that thing is awesome. its so little yet it has heaps of power, i would def buy one if i had the money. how much are they??

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They'd only be any good if you don't mind riding DH with a semi-slick... I'll stick to a car/chairlift/walking.

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
$799 USD, weight around 3.5kg claimed!
Id like to see how it goes on a normal DH knobby rear tyre, should still poke you to the top.

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Id like to see how it goes on a normal DH knobby rear tyre, should still poke you to the top.
Having seen what happens when you ride a wind trainer with a cheap hard knobby tyre, I'm pretty sure you'd have a semi slick by the time you got to the top.

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Having seen what happens when you ride a wind trainer with a cheap hard knobby tyre, I'm pretty sure you'd have a semi slick by the time you got to the top.
Yeah ill put my $799 back in the savings fund for a dual cab until i see some people in australia test it out.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you guys did the walk i did on sunday, you would get one. imagine if buller didnt have a chain lift, bugger walking up, you would get to the top and need lunch. and a nap

lol

it spins the tire on the side of the wheel ont on the grip.

Would be fucken stupid otherwise coz it would destroy ur tyres.

J

JaRedy

It's be brilliant for a certain local brisbane track with a nice smooth bitchumen road of 1.5km. Would be sooo good. I could swear i've pushed up that road at least 200 times over the past few years.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
That would be great if it didnt kill the tyre, the other thing id be worried about is when I stack (because i do) it'll smash my spine to pieces with it in a back pack. A friend of a friend is in a wheel chair after a low side on his motorbike with a 6 pack in a back pack.
Very uncool.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
We already have an image problem in DH with greenies lumping us in with motorbikes do we really need to confuse them more by ripping past them in an annoying buzz of a little 2 stroke.

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You could easily find a car for $800 and take turns in shuttling with some friends..

T-Rex

Template denier
to bad we dont all have licensees
So I doubt this would help, at least not if you want to do things legally. Looking at the speed he's going up that hill, I reckon it would have too much power to qualify for a registration exemption as a power assisted bicycle ie 200 watts.

Edit: Looks like the Qld and NSW rules are the same:

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Hom...recreational_devices/Motorised_foot_scooters/

Another edit:

Spec page of the web site says 3.5HP, no wonder it rips up that hill in the video. 3.5 hp = 2.66Kw, or 2660 watts.

Last edited: