How to Manual, Wheelie and Endo

ashhash

Likes Dirt
I can handle the back-front balance no worries, problem is I always tip sideways...:eek:

How the hell do you correct the tippage?

No amount of wheel turning, knee sticking and arse moving seems to stop my fall..

|Matt|

Banned
Do you reckon you guys are limited in how far you go or can you do it pretty much forever?
Once you learn, you get to a point that you can just go for as long as your muscles will allow (it starts to hurt after a while), or as long as your speed will carry you. Myself, I (without bragging) can pretty much go for as long as I want, but as I said, it starts to hurt after a while and I need to drop it (after 300-500 metres or so...). However, the muscles in your legs and arms will build up and your resistance will grow which will enable you to go for longer.

Plow King

Little bit.
I can handle the back-front balance no worries, problem is I always tip sideways...:eek:

How the hell do you correct the tippage?

No amount of wheel turning, knee sticking and arse moving seems to stop my fall..
try doing half a pedal so the weight is on the other side. Either way balance comes with practise so keep at it!

noske

Likes Dirt
hey
ive got the wheelie and can go for about 20secs but not quite the manual yet. i cant pull my wheel up far anough. i weigh about 50kg

ben

ashhash

Likes Dirt
Dont try to pull up, just throw yourself off the back of the bike (holding the bars obviously..;) )
Use your mass, not your muscles.

Slacky

Likes Dirt
Dont try to pull up, just throw yourself off the back of the bike (holding the bars obviously..;) )
Use your mass, not your muscles.
i sort of lift the front then push the bike forward and it feals really natural and can hold it for a fair bit if i start off well

Jake Bengston

Likes Bikes
Owned!

Funny,

I gained heaps of confidence from learning how to do a endo so I thort I would try a 3-4 metre drop off a boulder retainer wall on my mates STP1 and ended up drilling my hip into the ground and getting the chain stuck between the frame and the crank :rolleyes:

I am at boarding school and currently building a "secret" trail, there is a perfect roll in and heaps of wooden pallets to use.

I will post some pictures when I am done!

phat_tyres

Likes Dirt
DH manualing

This all sounds sweet... im not sure what bikes all you guys ride but are there any different tips for manualing on a DH bike with soft suspension?
Cheers

|Matt|

Banned
This all sounds sweet... im not sure what bikes all you guys ride but are there any different tips for manualing on a DH bike with soft suspension?
Cheers
I can manual my Faith almost as well as I could manual my STP. You just need to push your weight back further.

CAB

Likes Dirt
Its easier to get a dually up but harder to keep balance because the rear end is always bobbing up and down and is harder to predict and takes more effort to control but i learnt how to manual on a dually so meh just for the first couple of goes keep a finger on your rear brake and if you feel you are going to flip the bike either really pull back brake on hard and prepare to land on your ass or (CAB style) put your foot down and fall on it tearing ligs in your ankle :D

|Matt|

Banned
Its easier to get a dually up but harder to keep balance because the rear end is always bobbing up and down and is harder to predict and takes more effort to control but i learnt how to manual on a dually so meh just for the first couple of goes keep a finger on your rear brake and if you feel you are going to flip the bike either really pull back brake on hard and prepare to land on your ass or (CAB style) put your foot down and fall on it tearing ligs in your ankle :D
The rear wheel coming up doesn't make it harder, its just different. If you can double manual on rhythms at BMX tracks, then it won't be a problem for you at all. Sit down manuals on duallies are stupidly easy too, so give them a shot.

Just start pedalling a mono, and then balance and stop pedalling. Feels and looks awesome.

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
Ever seen any of the top guys manual mid run (not racing of course)? How hard would that be though because it's all over tons of crap. I so wish I could manual like that.

craigh1

Banned
thanks for wheelie tips

Hey man thanks for the wheelie tips i like the way u got into full detail of wat could and should happen. ive finally got the hang of it and im keen for doing it all the time, thanks craig.

|Matt|

Banned
Ever seen any of the top guys manual mid run (not racing of course)? How hard would that be though because it's all over tons of crap. I so wish I could manual like that.
Its not actually that hard. When you get the hang of it, your legs and arms just automatically do it, you don't think about it.

thompo

Likes Dirt
sorry if its already been posted but pressing the front brake and stopping the front wheel from spinning helps balance yourself.