How to Paint Frames (Plow Style)

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Hi to everyone
I also decide to paint my carbon Scott Scale in some grey colour instead of original factory partial green , is any chance I can just fine slowly scrap only some part of green color with sand paper? and later to apply just clear coat but I like to preserve original Scott decals stickers on frame and have this original nice glossy shiny look :) ,so is any special method to this I am very handy with all tools and work and happy to experiment of course to not damage frame and to not put lots of extra weight on my carbon scale
Thx
Use plastidip. That way when you get bored of it.... you can just peel it off

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
My guess is incompatibility between base (colour) coats and clear.

What is the base coat paint type?
I'm not entirely sure, I'd have to ask where I got the custom cans done.

I used Rust Guard Clear Guard. Is the clear you used compatible with the paint. When I was painting mine I was told to not use one type of paint over another type of paint. Can't remember what types of paints it was. Might be something you want to check before you try again.
I might head back to Olarenshaws and tell them the 2K clear they gave me previously wouldn't harden and see what their suggestion is for a replacement clear... if PLUGGA's paint quote doesn't fit my budget for getting my build done before XMas, that is! :)