Ht evo pedals

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Anyone using the HT EVO pedals, if so have you had any troubles with them??

Thinking of buying some to replace my straitlines

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Cheers buddy, been thinking of getting some .

But very dear around 300 not to sure any pedal is worth that

Fixed your forks ??

You up for queenstown, heading over with Damo in march

Last edited:

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
I had a set on my downhill bike then just recently bought a pair for my trail bike.

If you have the $$$ then you would struggle to find a better pedal.

Previously I've had spank spikes that were good for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

udi

swiss cheese
They have a poor bushing/bearing design and develop play after not very long from what I've seen.
The only bearing in the system is a tiny axial thrust bearing, and doesn't actually provide any lateral support, so once wear starts on the bushings the situation will quickly get worse due to heavily localised (i.e. point) loading on the bushings.

Ideally they need at least one bearing to provide some lateral support and to allow more even loading of the bushing/s, or if they are going to use bushings only they need to be bigger (obviously a hard task in such a thin pedal). These are some of the compromises you make with pedals this thin, and I think other brands have done a better job of dealing with this than HT (particularly vs. the Evo lineup - AExx, MExx, etc).

binner

Hath shat hymself
no problems

I'm not using EVO's but took a set of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161035964699?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

to Whistler for 3 weeks and didn't have any problems, I'm still using them now with no problems, I love how thin and light they are.The platform is a not as big as "Saints" n such but all I did was go to my local bolt shop and bought a handfull of longer grub screws and placed them on the outside perimeter of the pedals. Problem solved for grip...with stealth rubber shoes they stick like shit to a blanket. I'm still using the same set from Whistler and they still spin like new, haven't deformed or siezed up, no play ............for the money I would buy again.

Buy up big...........

Last edited: