Hub help

jackaroo

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Ive been looking around for a new rear hub for a bike im building and was wondering what you thought of the Hope Pro 2 Disc Rear Single Speed - Trials hub

i'll be using it on a single speed dj / street bike and was wonder what size drivers and what brands of driver i could run on it, im looking at 10tooth drivers.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
It's a cassette hub, it doesn't take drivers. 12 or 13t will be as low as you can realistically go.

It's designed for a 135mm/10mm dropout.

- Joel

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
12t is the smallest shimano splined cog you will find in a bmx shop, so you can't go any lower than that. If you going to use a kmc kool chain, the links are quite tall, and will ride on the spacers either side of the cog, and not fully engage on the cog. Some grinding of spacer is required to make them run smoothly.

el~rio

Likes Dirt
They don't use drivers, they use cogs, like you would find on a cassette.

As far as I understand, the trails/singlespeed hub is just a normal hub with a few more pick ups and space for only 6 cogs. That's off the top of my head, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Im running a NS rotary and its sick as. Comes in 10T and is 10mm internal thread so doesnt budge and inch, also has a super sick sounding clicker, loud but not over the top. Apart from that you could go a dartmoor k-drive or last zack, they can both run a 10T.

Hope that helps

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
I've had mine for a couple of years now running a 13T, no problems to report. It's everything a SS cassette hub should be.

The loudness is over the top though...

Last edited: