Hubs, which is best value

samson_blika

Likes Bikes
Which of the rear SS hubs would you recommend?
To get some idea of pricing, had a look on CRC for rear SS hubs.

Chris King ISO Single Speed Disc Rear Hub $440

DT Swiss 240s Single Speed Rear Disc Hub $404

Hope Pro 2 Evo Disc Rear Single Speed -Trials $213

Are Chris King and DT Swiss that much better than the Hope Hubs?
If Danny Macaskill uses Hope they must be Alright!

Thinking of switching out the existing hub and re using the same rims and spokes. Freewheels are not doing it for me.
Simon

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Which of the rear SS hubs would you recommend?
To get some idea of pricing, had a look on CRC for rear SS hubs.

Chris King ISO Single Speed Disc Rear Hub $440

DT Swiss 240s Single Speed Rear Disc Hub $404

Hope Pro 2 Evo Disc Rear Single Speed -Trials $213

Are Chris King and DT Swiss that much better than the Hope Hubs?
If Danny Macaskill uses Hope they must be Alright!

Thinking of switching out the existing hub and re using the same rims and spokes. Freewheels are not doing it for me.
Simon
Hope at 50% of the other hubs, I don't think there's much question of best value. Probably like comparing a HSV with a AMG Merc tho'. DT Swiss and King hubs would have a great number of points of engagement I would have thought. Also the DT Swiss is near silent and the other two are LOUD.

Do a forum search on Hopes, they get a pretty good wrap on here for the most part.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Price is ridiculous but in terms of engagement points it cannot be beaten

http://profileracing.com/profileracing/estore/product.php?productId=405&categoryId=8
crazy engagement! Gaining more engagement points over about 60 points doesn't make a huge difference to the feel of a hub but 204 is impressive. i'll agree with the above poster on the Hadley being a great choice, they're very tough and incredibly well made. They're also very fast, with noticeably less rolling resistance than King, Hope or DT hubs.

Samson_blika, it might be a good idea to collate your large number of enquiries into a smaller number of threads, lest people think you're building seven bikes at once.

- Joel