HUCK!

igothp

Likes Dirt
HEY what do u think about when you are about to huck a big new drop that you havent done befor? Do u think freaky things like what would happen if you got nailed or good things like im going to make this.
So now its your turn to say what u think.

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
Mostly just nothign really. The more you think the more you think about eating shit, in my opinion anywho. Other than that, just about doing it clean.

fastrider gus

super huck
confidence is the key.. if you like the look of the drop then you'll have no probs doing it.. if its sketchy, then there is a fair chance you'll stack it and you'll need to be sure about your line and what you plan to do..

keep it within reason though...

naz

Criminally Inane
hmmm, usualyy for me its a spare of the moment thing, ill just hit it, or think meh if i stack it will be funny

steamfrog

Likes Dirt
hoping

Hope like fark that chain dosent lock.. as it sometimes has in the past. if i fall i do it again.. unless it hurt..alot.

acrider

Likes Dirt
Facing and overcoming you own personal fear.
There is nothing like it....

Before attempting a drop you haven't done the first time, ie one that SCARES you personally, be it 3ft or 30ft, here's the plan:
(Assuming you are armoured up with a decent helmet)
- Clean, brush the lip(launch point) free of loose rocks.
- Check your landing and run out area beforehand.
- Get your line and speed dialled, but no more than 2 run ups. Anymore and you are just procrastinating and wasting physical and mental energy.
- If you are still procrastinating, then try the countdown technique.ie Subconsciously countdown 5,4,3,2,....1 and go on 1.

A good self induced slap in the face does it for me before I launch those 12inch gutters. :lol:

TOSS3R

Likes Dirt
my advice to you all...think about keeping your feet on the pedals. i was hucking a 5ft. to fat on concrete on my ht up at bullert (small but nice) and was clipped in at the time. not having to worry aobut my feet i didn't think about them. when i hit the ground my foot came out of my fucking shoe and i copped a seat upi the ass. my mate said it was the funniest thing he had ever sean. to me it was the most painful.

acrider

Likes Dirt
If I am hucking to flat I always wear the lace up ankle braces if I am trying anything stupid, and get on the balls of me feet well in advance of launching.

I know what you mean. I have weak, skinny ankles and I'm still carrying niggling injuries from years ago.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TOSS3R said:
my advice to you all...think about keeping your feet on the pedals.
if i'm worried about my feet staying on the pedals, i wouldn't be trying no drops... maybe you should ride with flats for a while to get some fundamental techniques down... your nuts are on the line!

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i just go and attempt it, no thinking whatsoevar.
if you think about bad thoughts like whats going to happen to me at the end of the drop, will i land properly?, will i stack? what will happen to me? These a negative thoughts, you should keep your window open on positivity.

TOSS3R

Likes Dirt
kalem said:
TOSS3R said:
my advice to you all...think about keeping your feet on the pedals.
if i'm worried about my feet staying on the pedals, i wouldn't be trying no drops... maybe you should ride with flats for a while to get some fundamental techniques down... your nuts are on the line!
balls arent on the line man..they're on the rear tyre..and it is bad!

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was gonna hit this drop but i was told to hop off the roof. but i was up there for like 15-20 minutes looking at it and sweeping glass off the run up. i would have gone straight away but since im one of the very few MTB riders in Benalla i was told like 20 times that i was going to die by dumb kids who dont know shit about bikes and riders capabilities.
there was one kid that was saying "oh my god your gonna die". ten seconds later he was chanting "do it do it do it".what a fucktard.
I was at a rodeo on saturday and i was at the gates where they let the bulls go, fuck i was pumped, just by the positivity coming out of people around the gates, the coments like"it yours" "your gonna do it" and the look in his eye, then the gates opened. this guy was on the biggest bull by far it was like about 100kilos more than other bulls. then the sign of relief when he left the ring.
so i reckon people shouldnt comment unless it is positive. people shouldnt coment unless they know what theyre talking about.

..::JaReD::..

Likes Dirt
when i get scared about doin drops i just go f!@k it and just do it and dont let you stop just keep goin 9 times out of 10 ull make it if you no what your doin

Jordy

RYD4LF
i know whats doable and if its doable i will do it pretty much straight away.... standing there looking at a drop isnt gunna make you do it

lotec

Banned
i got my new bb7 today and hucked it off 8 stairs am i hardcore or what? i dont really think about it if ive done it before but first time = scary, i keep thinking of what could go wrong and end up dying because of it :roll: