HuRT self sufficient bike "RIDE"

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ride what you brung!

all trails have been ridden on a rigid ss. you will need to touch your arse on the back tyre on a few sections and some of the climbs will hurt... lots. a solid bikepacking set up is recommended though, as in too much sniggle to warrant aerobars and/or panniers but if thats what you've got...

best thing would be grab some data or hit up the BFO and check it out for yourself

i'm running frame/seat/bar bag setup which works for me
I'll hopefully be riding something new, But I can't do the HuRT, But i'll hopefully be up for the 100km.
But i am also carless, so I will have to train it up to QZ13s place and back.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
I've been waiting ages for something like this (just not experienced to organise myself)...Will give it a crack late this year I think, I'm away for the grand depart...awesome work guys!!!

the route sounds gnarly...Is a dually recommended? Is a cyclo x/touring bike out of the question?

cheers
At some point, every single bike on the face of the planet will be the wrong bike along this trail. At other points, they will be the best bike ever. I'll probably be riding a rigid 29er 3x9. On a long self supported route - keep things as simple as possible.

As a universal statement, fatter tyres are going to work better than skinny tyres along the route. Some parts can be sandy if there hasn't been recent rain, some parts are muddy if there has been recent rain. Skinny tyres won't really help you in either of those situations so forget the 1.8's and put on an ardent 2.4

m_g

Likes Dirt
At some point, every single bike on the face of the planet will be the wrong bike along this trail. At other points, they will be the best bike ever. I'll probably be riding a rigid 29er 3x9. On a long self supported route - keep things as simple as possible.

As a universal statement, fatter tyres are going to work better than skinny tyres along the route. Some parts can be sandy if there hasn't been recent rain, some parts are muddy if there has been recent rain. Skinny tyres won't really help you in either of those situations so forget the 1.8's and put on an ardent 2.4
hmmm, ok cool...my tourer (on 32c touring tyres) will make the ride interesting...looking forward to it!!

ebuk

Likes Dirt

Looks better now!

300km's. Time to decide if I can actually do this race, or just mooch at Barraba for a night.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was a good weekend for it, found myself glued to my phone swapping between the blue dots and the facebook page. Hope you run it again, it has the potential to become something very good with a few more participants.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Winner was Matt de Bellin in 40 hours 23 mins. B-rad kept him honest with a 40 hours 55 minutes and Kim & Craig finished in 52 hours 30 minutes.

Sensation riding by all involved!