Husky 100 - New Event

kerbs

Likes Bikes
Matt/Mooze...entry page isnt working...
Thanks,

We checked it out and it seemed to be working ok. Did you give it another go?

Entry systems can be a little funny, particularly if you use back buttons or do other kookie things. Perhaps you did something out of the ordinary?? :)

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Thanks,

We checked it out and it seemed to be working ok. Did you give it another go?

Entry systems can be a little funny, particularly if you use back buttons or do other kookie things. Perhaps you did something out of the ordinary?? :)
Yep gave it a few tries last nite...got it working this morning...seem to be in ok....:eek:

And true, dosent matter what entry system is used...i hate most of them..

Jaybe, get your entry done... :rolleyes::D

jaybe

Likes Dirt
Yep gave it a few tries last nite...got it working this morning...seem to be in ok....:eek:

And true, dosent matter what entry system is used...i hate most of them..

Jaybe, get your entry done... :rolleyes::D
Your scared I wont enter!!!

All registered. Good to go

kerbs

Likes Bikes
We have just passed 260 competitors, which means we're only 40 away from drawing the prize pack, consisting of race accommodation, dinner for 2 and a massage pack.

Interestingly, still not one taker for the Female Elite category. The prize money for Female Elite will go off regardless... so if there's 1 female elite, they'll take the $$$, and then the 2nd and 3rd placed females, regardless of category, will walk away with the other prize money. :eek:

gixer7

Likes Dirt
entered.

Kerbs,

Out of curiousity what are entry numers capped at?

Also, do you have details of water/feed zones? Will there be food available at each or do we have to carry our own?

Thanks

Greg882

Likes Bikes
Hey.. im in entered and everything

If anyone is having trouble with the website race entry try firefox instead.. it worked 4 me

... Giant Anthem cruises .....

kerbs

Likes Bikes
Correct

There is one about to enter this afternoon.....:D
Right you are. Also can confirm Matt Fleming and Dennis van Mill for mens elite.

Other answers:

First year field is capped at 650 (total 100 & 50k'er).
There will be food/drink stations approx. at 25/50/75 km points (give or take a few k's).

Exact details will be added to the website as they are finalised.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good/bad/ugly, I'd like to be upfront with everyone about the event, so feel free to PM or email me.... I'm all ears. Suggestions, comments, criticisms (yes, the entry fees are steep these days, but since jumping to the dark side, i understand where it all goes).
So roughly, where does it go

650 riders * [(110 or 80) + (I assume 15 for insurance)]

=A lot + (Moolah from sponsors etc)

Taking out insurance, wages for pro organisers, hiring necesary race day equipment I imagine the promoter is doing quite nicely for themselves?

Just curious, as to why the gap between club races and privately operated races is so significant (I suspect volunteer involvement but there must be more)

chops007

Likes Dirt
Listen bud - I'm not the one racing in a pink jersey!

thats why your so slow,,,,

next year comes with a new kit so im sorry u wont see me in pink again for a while....
elite it is then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT...

struggles

Likes Dirt
Right you are. Also can confirm Matt Fleming and Dennis van Mill for mens elite.

Other answers:

First year field is capped at 650 (total 100 & 50k'er).
There will be food/drink stations approx. at 25/50/75 km points (give or take a few k's).

Exact details will be added to the website as they are finalised.
Are you using Bulldog Rd, and if so which way are you going?

Also will Butterfly and Superbowl be used first or are you staying south of the Forest Rd at the start and using Coondoo first?

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Taking out insurance, wages for pro organisers, hiring necesary race day equipment I imagine the promoter is doing quite nicely for themselves?
I doubt it... $65k is not a lot of money.

Just curious, as to why the gap between club races and privately operated races is so significant (I suspect volunteer involvement but there must be more)
Clubs can do things cheaper. For starters they don't have insurance costs over and above their existing mtba stuff, they tend to get halls, football fields, forests, roads etc... at reduced cost or free from the community, more volunteers, less requirements for cash prizes, no salary fees, no work cover expenses... should I go on?

Say you have 2 staff (you and someone else) and you pay yourself $50k/year each (avg salary). Super, Taxes, workcover etc... the general rule of thumb is double that, so that's $150-200k/year you need to find just to cover staff. say you do 6 events a year (one every 2 months?), that means from those 6 events you need to find $20-$30k clear cash to pay staff per event.

so go back to your $65k they get from entries. 30k gone in salary costs, $10k gone in cash and prizes, Insurance? maybe $10k? couple of grand to state forests, another couple of grand to RFS and SES for helping out, Firstaid for an event like this is probably $1.5-2k, money seems to be disappearing very quickly here...

While there are quite a few event promotors about, and they all seem to do ok, I havn't met one yet that's rolling around in $100 bills wondering whether to get their porche in blue or white... it's a definite "for the love of the sport" industry I'd suggest. Besides, what's wrong with someone trying to make some money from the industry? I'm sure someone made some money when you bought your bike and you didn't cry home about it...

*shrug*

Cheers
Spoon

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers Gonz, not crying foul - just curious more than anything

no harm in knowing... I'm about start a commerce+law degree and am trying to familiarise myself a bit with the buisness world - spending the last 12 months as an assistant teacher in Canada hasn't helped me much in that regard (though I have learnt how to live on $125 a week)