Husky 100 - New Event

dinosaur_mtb

Likes Dirt
- month - not sure at this point in time - we need to talk to various stakeholders tomorrow and Tuesday. We hope to have an update on the website by midweek (we'll put something up even if it's just to say we're still talking and provide an eta)

Looks like it's POSTPONED at this stage
mmm.. cancelled means cancelled... on BHE website:
"13/4/2010: THE 100K'er MTB Enduro has been cancelled until further notice. Deteriorating weather conditions on Saturday afternoon have forced us to cancel the race, pending further announcements."
Cancelled - means well - that's it - all off. eg the wedding is cancelled.... it's off forever.
Postponed - put off to a later date...

Methinks they may have meant postponed on the bhe website. Frankly doesn't worry me either way. If postponed - so be it; if cancelled - so be it. If they want to create a bit of good will - maybe if it is cancelled for this year, maybe a discount for re-entry on this or another blackheart event, plus a really nice Tshirt in the post.

Zarken

Likes Bikes
Hopefully just postponed

Would be a great race in that area shame about the weather hopefully they can find a spot in april to rerun it. I wasnt totally upset though it meant that the missus and i spent a nice night and day in the nice caravan park for valentines.
Even if it is cancelled this year i would stilll be keen for next year the rain that has occured down there is a once in a ten year event no one could predict it.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Cancelled - means well - that's it - all off. eg the wedding is cancelled.... it's off forever.
Postponed - put off to a later date...

Methinks they may have meant postponed on the bhe website. Frankly doesn't worry me either way. If postponed - so be it; if cancelled - so be it. If they want to create a bit of good will - maybe if it is cancelled for this year, maybe a discount for re-entry on this or another blackheart event, plus a really nice Tshirt in the post.
Well you could say the event has been postponed but today's race was cancelled :D

Dinosaur, I'd say postponed pending further notice is probably accurate. Though I know Mooze I have no inside information and I'd say we all just have to be patient and await the outcome of their talks with some of the land managers and infrastructure providers to first see if logistically it can be run at a feasible time in the future and second after an analysis of the financial situation if they can afford it. If they can't run the event I'm sure they'd consider something along the lines of your goodwill suggestions.

dinosaur_mtb

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys
- Rego was up until 6pm due to being on a Saturday rather than a Friday night. We can look at moving to a later rego though if this has an impact on people

Yes thanks - with a 100km rego at 5:00-5:15 I would have pushed both the night before at 6:00 and the small window 5-5:15. Rego up until 8:00 or so the night before would be appreciated.

struggles

Likes Dirt
Would be a great race in that area shame about the weather hopefully they can find a spot in april to rerun it. I wasnt totally upset though it meant that the missus and i spent a nice night and day in the nice caravan park for valentines.
Even if it is cancelled this year i would stilll be keen for next year the rain that has occured down there is a once in a ten year event no one could predict it.
I wouldn't say it was a once in a ten year event. Its Nowra Show weekend and all the locals know it pours rain on Nowra show weekend:)

I think every SCUM race for the past 3 years in Feb has been called off because its too wet.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Well done on a courageous decision. I can also understand wanting to 'stick it out' as long as possible and if the Saturday lunchtime showers hadn't eventuated then it sounds like we would still have had a barrel of laughs on Sunday with a well-managed backup plan.

Looking forward to the June 20th race as per the website. More time for training, woohoo!

mooze

Likes Bikes
Looks like they could nearly of run a 100km kayak course.
We did have the 51 kayaks here to do it! But no one showed up Sunday morning at the sailing club :p (we still ran the free kayaking from 8 -11 down there - the junior sailing club boys had a lot of fun trying to capsize them)

Knopey

Likes Dirt
We did have the 51 kayaks here to do it! But no one showed up Sunday morning at the sailing club :p
Staying at a holiday house in Callala Bay, I think the gutter outside our place was the "sailing club". Thanks god for the Wii but it didn't have the Husky 100 game on it :confused: