Hutchinson or IRC?

Which tire do i get?

• IRC Mythos XC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
For the rear, go the Python. Washes out easily on the front, but rolls so damn fast.

If ya wanna go IRC, check out their Serac tyre. I raced one on the front for a bit, and it grips so damn well. Not anywhere near as fast as a Python thow! For xc I run the Serac on the front and the Python on the rear.

Mommers

Likes Dirt
also for the moment i just need a rear but im running a 2.1 tyre on the front, if i go the hutchy they are only avalible in 2.0.

What advantages/disadvantages with running a skinnier tyre on the back?

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Mommers said:
What advantages/disadvantages with running a skinnier tyre on the back?
You won't notice the diffrence between 2.0 and 2.1
Although technically it should roll faster, be ever so slightly lighter, and would be a lil harsher on the behind. But offcourse this can very between any other tyre, not just the 0.1" width diffrence.

Rik

logged out
OK, so the decision's already been made. But howcome you didn't tell us what riding you'll be doing, how heavy you are, and what setup you're running?
Without these crucial bits of information, all the advice we give is useless.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out of them two I would go the Python's but IRC tyres certianly have a place, god knows their well cheaper. :p

I would look at other tyre manufactures as well, Michelin make great tyres, which I have used with great results. Kenda also make some great tyres, Ok,Ok,OK! Y'all going to say that their cheap crap, but their higher lines of tyres are great; I'm not sure of the importer to Australia though, so you may have trouble finding them.

The Hutchinson tyres are a pretty soft compound, I wouldnt go riding around on the road or path too much, or they'll be slicks in a few months :p But lighter tyres will make a great inprovment in bike speed, less rolling weight ya see. :p