hydraulic hose replacement

nicknopants

Likes Bikes
hey guys,

I am looking at replacing the hydraulic hose on my shimano saint's. Basically it's because I want them a different colour so I can look cool, but also because currently the brakes are on upside down (second hand bike).

To put the brakes the right way up, I'm going to have remove each hose and switch them over to the opposite lever. So I figure, while I'm at it I might as well change the hose to a different colour.

I'm kinda new to this, so I'm asking for some help to make sure I get the right kind of hose.

I was looking at this below. It has a compatibility list which includes XTR and Deore, but it doesn't include saint's.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=52552

Now I'm wondering if this would still work? I've had a good look around and can't find any blue or white hose which says it will fit saints.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know what type of hydraulic hose I should get?

thanks,

nick

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are they M800 or M810? (new or older saints?) Those clarks ones should work with older saints. So long as you get them with the banjo fitting at one end.

If you just want to swap your lever though, it's simple, and if your gentle, you won't need t bleed them. Just undo the nut holding the brake line into the lever body, slide it back, then pull the brake line from the lever. (this can take some force)
Now put them into the correct levers and tighten up the nut. Done.

If you managed to lose a few drips from the end of the line while it was exposed, you will need to take off the reservoir cap on the lever (with the lever rotated horizontal) and squeeze a few times to let out the air in there. Top up the mineral oil if it's getting low. That's it

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you just want to swap your lever though, it's simple, and if your gentle, you won't need t bleed them.
I'm sorry but that wrongs, anytime you seperate a hydraulic system you must bleed them. a small air bubble when the fluid is cold becomes a large air bubble when it gets hot. Trust me, I have had it happen.

Also if you want to upgrade the brake lines, why not go goodrich? The braided lines will all but eliminate the line expanding under pressure.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4709

frensham

Likes Dirt
I'm sorry but that wrongs, anytime you seperate a hydraulic system you must bleed them. a small air bubble when the fluid is cold becomes a large air bubble when it gets hot. Trust me, I have had it happen.

Also if you want to upgrade the brake lines, why not go goodrich?
Live2dies's advice is CORRECT. I have swapped over hydraulic cables many times and carried out the exact advice given with no problems. Live2die's advice is actually a bleeding procedure.
AND do you see BLUE cables listed for Goodrich? Nah.