Hydro dipping?

safreek

Hi guys, any of you done any hydro dipping from transfers, if so how did it all go.
Any pitfalls or dramas to look for.
Have seen it all on you tube but just interested if you have had success or failure.
Plans on carbonising some products. Cheers

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
  1. It is easy, test on some scrap bits first.
  2. It still looks fake.
  3. Refer 1.
A guy who was getting work done on an old ford wanted something special for the rocker cover. Aluminium civers were about $1,000 landed so mate dipped a pressed steel cover in carbon. We played around with the stuff before the final product. Came out fine but close up you can tell easily.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Hi guys, any of you done any hydro dipping from transfers, if so how did it all go.
Any pitfalls or dramas to look for.
Have seen it all on you tube but just interested if you have had success or failure.
Plans on carbonising some products. Cheers
(I had to go to Youtube to see what you're talking about. Pretty cool. What are you planning to do that to?

safreek

1. It is easy, test on some scrap bits first.
  2. It still looks fake.
  3. Refer 1.
A guy who was getting work done on an old ford wanted something special for the rocker cover. Aluminium civers were about $1,000 landed so mate dipped a pressed steel cover in carbon. We played around with the stuff before the final product. Came out fine but close up you can tell easily.
it's more about jazzing up some old forks and stuff, nothing that needs to be perfect. If easy. Well, that's for me
(I had to go to Youtube to see what you're talking about. Pretty cool. What are you planning to do that to?
forks, possibly some skull style stuff on a frame, I am guessing the frame would be more difficult
I totally misunderstood this thread title...talk about false advertising.
I understand, every one thinks I'm weedfreek.
That being said, I hit the buds hard over Xmas for about a month, in my mind it made no difference to my workouts, it did.
Diet went to shit, strength went down on the major lifts, bench alone dropped by 10kg.
Muscles went dogfish. Been off it for a couple of weeks and everything is back again.
As I have stated before I truly believe that it depresses test production and increases estrogen levels. Only a couple times a month for me now, I have learned my lesson

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
forks, possibly some skull style stuff on a frame, I am guessing the frame would be more difficult
The video I watched, a guy did an orange motorbike guard with a skull design. It looked damn good. I thought a frame too while watching. Seat tube would be a bitch.