I am off to Whistler Canada - need some help

AUDIOZ

Likes Dirt
I have just had it confirmed I am going to Whistler in June for a week of glorious mountain biking.

I am going to take my Top Fuel 98 XC rig.

Can anyone reccomend a place to stay? (prefer 4 or 5 star for my aging ass) Or, where to go specifically? Or what to see etc..

Any help appreciated.

Mason

Likes Dirt
Things get pretty expensive there, when I went we had a room that was around $400 a night. If you want to get it a bit cheaper, stay on the Black Comb side and not in the village

AUDIOZ

Likes Dirt
Anything up to $400 a night per person is ok as long as its top notch accomodation :D (If I left the wife at home I might be able to rough it a bit) :rolleyes: But She wont wear a crappy room *shrug* so we'll do it in style. :D

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i will happily be your guide if u let me stay in your hotel. staff acom is getting to me :)

Vokes

Likes Bikes
For $400 bucks a night, you can almost stay anywhere in Whistler. The Summer season is their "slow" time so the hotel rates are fairly cheap.

Check out the Westin, it has a lot of room options and fairly good rates (you can barter somewhat on them). The Pan Pacific is a nice upscale place as well.

If you are looking for cheaper, you can stay outside of the village in a townhouse, etc. Lots of options. As an earlier post said, go to the official Whistler website and click on accomodations. You really cannot go wrong, because practically all places to stay (in the village anyway) are first class.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
$400 should get you a room in the Pan Pacs, (better than the Westin) plus you get the lifts 20 metres away from your door and a pub. Blackcomb side is cheaper but possibly a little too out of the way for some night time antics.

AUDIOZ

Likes Dirt
Yeah I have found a couple of places that look very sweet - and there seems to be heaps of five star places to eat.

Looks like I will have 4 days there before the wife finishes her conference - so I should be able to make the most of it I hope ;)

Just watched the collective again and I cant wait for June! :D