I am Stepping down

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
I Wayne Froggatt; would like it to be known that I wish to step down from the position of the NSWMTB DH Co-Ordinator.

I have three main reasons why I will not be able to give my full attention to the position.

Number 1 and the main reason, is my wife and I are expecting another baby in the 1st week of September

Number 2 is something happened to me early this year, some people know what it is and lets leave it at that but this affected me in a very negative way. At the time I did not want to continue with the series but as I had committed myself well before it happened, I soldiered on.

Number 3 has come a lot as a result of number 2.
I have been racing for the last 11-12 years and have had the highs and the lows of DH racing but I really want to have a break from all aspects of it, and focus on my family and riding for myself without any pressure. I don’t think this will last too long, about 12 months or so, because I do love racing.

I have enjoyed my time as the NSWMTB DH Co-Ordinator, The challenge was great, the people I have met and the friendships I have made, and the goodness in the volunteers. The rules I set-up have been the best for me and for the series even after I was told several times they would not work and that I will drive people away from the sport, what was the average over the series, oh that’s right, 220?.
Sports need rules otherwise it is a mess.
I know I could have done more but my enthusiasm was down. Like I said earlier I have been doing this for a while and have watched what needed to be changed, and did it. I had been planning some of them for some time and still have more.
All I hope is that whoever steps up into this position remembers the rules I set-up and of all things do not get rid of online entry only and do not bring day licence back. I know the Nationals have them but lets show them they are not needed, and that things can change for the better. They are more of a hassle then a help and the National series should have gotten rid of them a long time ago.
I offer my help to whoever wants the position, but I am not doing it.

I am not quitting riding you will still see me around but I pretty much want to disappear for a while.

I wish nothing but the best of luck to my successor and to the NSW/ACT DH series for 2010 and I will still do whatever is needed for the NSWMTB DH Champs and I will see you there.
Thanks Wayne Froggatt

I have posted this here because someone will need to step into this position otherwise there is no-one to co-ordinate the series.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Thank you wayno for your time and effort and for keeping your head up high!
I have to admit that online entry is the absolute best when it comes to showing up to races setting up, shuttling up. It was as easy as "hello and goodbye"!

I really hope it sticks around that's for sure.

Well done for your job this year and the past ones.

have fun !

nicho

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers Wayno!
For all of the Time and effort you have put into each and every race, some of the crap you have put up with from people who tend to argue about a Rule, introducing the online entry system and making everything 10x as easy, answering each and everyones questions to help them out for a round and just being such a great help in general to both CCOMTB and NSWMTB DH.

Congrats on the new baby and enjoy your year of invisibility.
Tom.

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
Kid change your life

Hi Wayno
Sorry you giving up the top job
Ive only been involved in the sport for only a few year and the changers you have done has made it more professional some great changers
How easy is it to sign up on the day no huge lines and your own number plate for the year
Life will never be the same with kids mate I started mountain biking at 50 because of my boy
Thanks a lot for all your work at state good to see your still with Ourimbah yer

Cheers Neil

tranceup

Likes Dirt
Good on ya Wayno. Better to get out on a good note the series this yr from all reports was arguably the best in a long time, big numbers, well organised and a awesome tracks to ride on so congrats.
I too hope that whoever steps up for this role can take what Wayno has set up and run with it as the format works well. I also hope that person then realises how much of a sacrifice a role like this really is. It demands time, motivation and a thick skin if you read forums. Oh and the best bit all you get back is a few thankyous after the yr of hard work.

Again well done to Wayno for this yr and i look forward to seeing you in a more realxed role at the top and bottom of a few runs now you have some time (well tilll september anyway).

jo fox

Likes Bikes
Thanks Wayno for all your hard work and dedication this year. It was definately the best series yet. The changes were a long time coming and I'm sure who ever takes on the role will realise that these changes not only make it better for the riders but also for the organisers.

Foxy.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You did a top job mate and you've earned your break. You've got more than just gravity on your side.

All the best in the future.

Dug

Likes Dirt
Thankyou

Well as I see it if you don't do anything more for this great sport, ever, you have already possibly done as much as anyone for the advancement of it...GREAT WORK!!! You have done more than your share and you will be a tough act to follow. 661 Thumbs up and thanks for a great series. See you out there mate:cool:

teh 420

Banned
Thanks for a couple of years of great racing mate.

It was always nice to see a friendly face at the races, someone who would help anyone who asked.

Have a good one, hope to see you back sometime soon. :)