i got hit/i hit it

DH_Freak

Likes Dirt
sorry to be a lil' off topic but i thought i should share my story!

i was at my school athletics carnival in primary school and i was 9 yrs old! we were at the stage at shot put and i had had my throw and sat down but our farking stupid arse teacher said we should sit on the foul line! so he we were all lined up down the foul line and i was facing the other way talking to a mate of mine and i turned around to see a 2.5kg shot put ball coming towards me so as stupid and dumb as i am i didnt take notice then it smashed me in the head bout 4 mm from my temple and nearly knocked me out! the ambulance came and every thing! ( :D they put the pretty llights and sounds on:D ) and off i went to wyond hospital with a lump on my head like a tennis ball (literally) i had to wait for 4 hrs to get checked out and ironically enough i won only after 1 throw ! i thre 7.sumfin. i could not wear a hat on my head for bout 2 weeks!

theres my story hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha now i think bout it, its so funny. hehe

error_500

Likes Bikes
Well me and a mate were racing down the street at night and car pulled out in front of him and he just slamed straight into the car and him being a little blind and it being night didn't try and brake at all, he got air off the car and sailed what looked like 20m in the air and into a bush. It was the funnyest thing ever and luckly my mate only had a small rip in his jeans !!!!!! the car on the other hand had the most damage to a door from a bike ive ever seen !, in a kind of lucky way, but dodgest way ever the driver made a run for it in the car so we didn't get in trouble and the the main thing lol

tombi

Likes Dirt
Last year i got screwed over by a red SS. I was riding along the Pacific Highway and was passing through Chatswood when the SS passed me by mere cm's, this is where it got unlucky, the back wheel flicked a stick right into my front wheel, a big meaty one. As you can picture i went straight over and landed on the concrete footpath, i recieved: gashes to my elbow, wrist and the side of my knee, deep grazes to both shoulders and my right hip. Bike suffered cracked handlebars from hitting a wall, seat snapped straight off the rails and a buckled wheel and my gear all got binged up, cracked helmet, holes in my jersey and knicks, shoes are all grazed up. This wasnt all together that bad is was mostly superficial damage that i could either fix or ignore. What really pissed me off was the shit head in the SS didnt stop even though i cant have been more than 1.5 metres from the driver himself. I was rushed to Chatswood Med Centre to be stitched and cleaned up by my uncle who only lives down the street. So i am now very paranoid about passing red cars and think theyre all out to get me.
TB

pigman

Likes Dirt
good times, good times.

Once when i was on school camp we were doing the bike section on some really shoddy treks (with drum brakes), i was put at the front as a leader and i had to constantly check behind me to see where the others are, the retarded manly camp guide lady stopped the car with the tralier on for the bags and i crashed into it, lol. the camp lady was such a gump she didnt see or hear me crash into the trailer!

Ben_9

Banned
donthucktoflat said:
story 2: crossing a road when some stupid bitch in a beemer decides to go through the zebra crossing at the last moment. i naturally turn around and give her roof a good open palmed thump, which does no damage but makes a noise loud enough to wake the dead (try it). she slams on the brakes and starts to reverse and shout shit at me. i looked at her with a totally blank face, trying to look as dumd as i can and get my camelback hose and squirted her in the face and rode off
hahahahahahah that made my day!

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dwnhll 4evr said:
Here's my story.
I was riding up to the shops on an old bike a found in a paddock and it was pissing down rain.
I was going down on the footpath at about 400kms an hour when looked up to see a caar parked in the driveway. I slammed on the brakes, however the crappy caliper brakes didn't touch the rims at all. I went straight into the car and I was rolled up onto the windscreen of the car, and then fell back down onto the concrete ground.
Lol that reminded me so much of Napoleon Dynamite

about 2 years ago i was coming back from the shops with milk in a plastic bag on the end of my bars and i saw a mate driving with his dad on the road next to me. they slowed down to my pace and as i was shouting out to them and i ran straight into a car coming out of the driveway and of coarse milk went all over the car and all over me and my bike!

wat_did_i_do_now

Likes Bikes
Everyday, i ride to school with my friend nick, and we always ride on the footpaths (your probably thinking...retards) and we usually have a few incidents of us nearlly getting hit. We call them "rounds", and by the time we get to school we reach like round 10 easy.

porky

Likes Dirt
wat_did_i_do_now said:
Everyday, i ride to school with my friend nick, and we always ride on the footpaths (your probably thinking...retards) and we usually have a few incidents of us nearlly getting hit. We call them "rounds", and by the time we get to school we reach like round 10 easy.
I really hope that you get hit by a car some day.
little shits like you are the reason alot of drivers have problems with cyclists on the road.

arpit

Banned
shmity said:
Fuck that, you wern't wearing a helmet and you still got compo(admitedly you didn't damage your noggin but ill make and exception and get up on my high horse anyway), its almost as bad as a smoker getting treatment for lung cancer at medicares expense.
No, It's like a smoker getting treatment for a broken wrist at medicare's expense.

arpit

Banned
I've had a few, but this was my last one. I'll be extremely brief. If anyone wants more details, let me know.

I was riding to uni on Devonshire street, and passed a courier van. The driver side door opened and hit my handlebars, sending me to the ground. My bike wasn't damaged. I was bruised an d scratched under my clothes.

The courier was extremely rude. HE insisted that
a. It wasn't his fault
b. That I accompany him to a doctor
c. That I strip to show him my injuries, on the roadside.

When I refused to strip or to accompany him to a doctor, he insisted that I was not injured. He was a Polish immigrant, and had a poor grasp of the English language, as well as the NSW road rules. He refused to give me any of his details for about 10 minutes, till I started calling the police. He didn't give me his address at all.
I gave him my details, and he promised he would ring me. He did not ring me.

I made a statement at the local police station. The Senior constable I made the report to basically said she was going to send the report to the LAC in which the incident happened, and sort of implied that nothing would really come of it. I started giving the report. As soon as she heard that
a. He asked me to strip for him
b. I was injured
c. He was extremely reluctant to give me his details

she became a great deal keener to follow the matter up, and did so personally.
She rang the man, and told me that if she charged him with anything too serious, by the sounds of it he would plead not guilty, and that I'd have to go to court. I did not want to do this.
I saw a doctor the next day, who charged me 75 dollars.

The police determined the other driver to be at fault. I rang him, and attempted to negotiate a settlement for 75 dollars. He was rude, and told me that the police had told him that I should make a claim through his green slip insurer. He refused to give me his address or his green slip insurer details, and got angry at me for getting him a 200 dollar fine with points off his drivers licence.

I tracked down his green slip insurer (and his address) and made a claim for 75 dollars. The cheque arrived yesterday. I don't think he'll be eligible for no claim bonuses anymore, and I think he'll face increased premiums.

I have yet to make a complaint to CLC couriers. CLC couriers seems like a very professional organisation, and I'm sure they don't appreciate their representatives behaving in the way that individual did.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stpzeroridah said:
Ouch Jacko!
Yeah as you probably know Jack, i got hit by a 4WD earlier this year. It was the top of the line Lexus too...bigger than a Toyota Landcruiser!
top of the line lexus is a landcruiser with different badges ;) anyway my brother gor hit as he crossed the road on his bike.....no helmet and the car was going about 70. he was lucky though he only ended up with a gash on his head that was superglue. lucky. i was riding along when i way 8 when a car backed over me and reversed. ended up with a huge burn on my leg she didnt even know she hit me i was lucky though no permenemt injuries :eek: