I hate Birthday's.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Deadset, I hate Birthday's.

Between the stress, constant badgering and pestering from family members, pressure, non stop phone calls, organising/decision making, expectations and all the other shit which goes with having/celebrating a Birthday is just bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to think that people will spend money and go to some sort of effort to try and make things good and I'm even more grateful that I'm surrounded by family and friends who love me enough that actually care. But at the end of the day I'm left feeling a bit upset, a little emotional and a tiny bit distressed.

Best parts of the day was hearing a favourite song of mine on the radio, talking to my nan over the phone who's in hospital and going for a blat on my moto.

/rant over.

Grantieboy

Likes Dirt
yeah i can sort of understand that i think it is generally when you get older because you have done it so many times and it just starts to get annoying. but otherwise i love birthdays. but christmas will suffice until my next birthday

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I'd tend to agree, but I have to say, personally, I hate Christmas. The consumerism-and-selfishness-factor that comes in shits me to tears. At least with a Birthday (well, mine at least) I get to control how much fuss is made, and how many dollars are spent (the last few years i've been trying to keep it to a minimum.

My closest family (Mum, Dad, and two sisters) share much of the same mentality when it comes to Birthdays and Christmas, so a big deal isn't usually the case..which I love.

And Happy Birthday by the way dude. :)

s73v30

Likes Dirt
I agree with you 110%
Plus when the family is over to ours for dinner an what not a fight over something always comes up so the night generally ends up with everyone pissed off at each other over usally the stupidest thing ever.

Arggh drives me mad, better not happen at my 18th next year.

|Matt|

Banned
I don't mind so much about birthdays, but I hate Christmas. Especially when everyone is like 'Merry Christmas, remember Jesus' or some shit, I'm not trying to sound like an atheist cunt like I usually do, but I'm sick of people pushing that on me. I don't wanna hear it, so please don't assume its okay to say it to me.

And last year, I was playing some computer game, maybe Counter Strike Source and my grandma comes in and tells me that what Jesus did for me is more important than the game, that shits me heaps.

But yeah I can understand why you don't like birthdays, I don't like people making a big deal over me even if its for a good reason.

Gekigengar

Likes Dirt
Birthdays, i just don't care. Same goes for chirstmas.

Never had a long enough girlfriend until now who actually celebrates christmas and birthdays. She got pissy if i don't get something.

I was brought up in my culture where we don't celebrate such "anglo" ceremonies. Never got presents, still don't give a shit on the day i will turn 20.

As for christmas, meh.

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
and my good mate murphey has proven to this day that whatever you unwrap its never going to be as romanticized as what you had expected... especially when your the one doing the favour

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Deadset, I hate Birthday's.

Between the stress, constant badgering and pestering from family members, pressure, non stop phone calls, organising/decision making, expectations and all the other shit which goes with having/celebrating a Birthday is just bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to think that people will spend money and go to some sort of effort to try and make things good and I'm even more grateful that I'm surrounded by family and friends who love me enough that actually care. But at the end of the day I'm left feeling a bit upset, a little emotional and a tiny bit distressed.

Best parts of the day was hearing a favourite song of mine on the radio, talking to my nan over the phone who's in hospital and going for a blat on my moto.

/rant over.
Jeez have a cry why dont you.

Id love to see how you handle a real problem, if a few phone calls and gifts leaves you "upset, emotional and distressed."

Damn emos.

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You are a joke mate. You obviously didn't get what you wanted for your birthday. It is one thing to complain when people congratsulate you on your x amount of years of existance and give you a gift but it's another thing to create a thread about it. With Christmas I can understand when others frown upon the selfishness going round the room, although it is up to yourself to create the best of the situation and be thankful for what you have rather then don't. Next year breaka make a wish list or something so we don't have to listen to your verbal diareah(sp)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You are a joke mate. You obviously didn't get what you wanted for your birthday. It is one thing to complain when people congratsulate you on your x amount of years of existance and give you a gift but it's another thing to create a thread about it. With Christmas I can understand when others frown upon the selfishness going round the room, although it is up to yourself to create the best of the situation and be thankful for what you have rather then don't. Next year breaka make a wish list or something so we don't have to listen to your verbal diareah(sp)
You've obviously missed the fkn point. He DOESN'T want gifts and people nagging him on his birthday. He's happy that people are celebrating his X amount of years, but hates all the screwing around that comes with it. Thats not selfish, its the opposite.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Please, just shutup. For the betterment of Farkin.

That last comment is just stupid. Did Breaka MAKE you come into this thread and READ the WHOLE thing? Did he shove it down your throat like a priest? If you REALLY think he's angry because "he didn't get what he wanted for his birthday"? you better think again...and then shutup when you're done.