i have $1000 for a nice set of second hand or forks... what

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
have any of u guys ridden a dj1...
wat r they like compared to the shermans...
the shermans are still wat i'm looking at though

CHEWY

Eats Squid
ive ridden DJ2's, 1's would be a waste of money IMO. the 2's are good for what theyre made for, ie dirtjumps. ie, one big hit... so theyre not that great on the small bump sensitivity. for freeride definatly go the flicks, or Z.1FR would be good, but id wait for the 04's if i were u so u get none of this crown cracking shit

Rik

logged out
04 Z1 Freeride will be a slight bit above his price range. I really want one, but they're a bit bloody expensive.

Amos

Cannon Fodder
Marzocchi is the shit!!!! I've got a set of 02 Z3's maybe not the highest end fork but they have had no probs whatsoever in 18 months and they still run sweet.... And beleive me they have taken a fair beating..... mind you i have played with a set of shermans... dunno what model but they felt sweet as!!

Jordy

RYD4LF
you will need to get them 2nd hand coz white bros isn't imported into the country atm to my knowledge... ive got white bros dh<3's and there a sick fork ! but i needed new bushes so i had to get them shipped over from the states

Rik

logged out
It's a good idea to
a: buy the fork brand new
or if you're going 2nd hand,
b: get a fork that has good aftermarket support

I'd probably get a Z1 dropoff, DJ 1 or 11, or a Fox Vanilla RL, all of them come in around your pricepoint.
But then again, depends what you define "freeride" as.

Rik

logged out
To be honest, I haven't had a good look at any Manitou forks for quite a few years. Their website is useless, and the distributers have been less than helpful lately, so I've avoided their products...

That said, a quick look at the Flicks they seem half decent, and the pricing is right on what you want too. Could be a winner, but I have no idea.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
i got the fireflys, and all of the shermans rock, go with the flicks if u wanna get them, the fireflys r better but u need a bit more $$$.

bazza

look at me
dont buy 2nd hand when you are shelling out that much money, give it a bit more maybe and go new that way you get warranty and its not a huge amount of money donw the drain.