I know every dad thinks so...

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pevert and or pedophile....Sorry, it kind of sounds suss. BUT ANYWAY!!! Good on your kid!
Holy shit I hope you get banned for that!

Just a proud dad showing off his son (who has mad skills by the way).

Nice work OP.

moorey

call me Mia
Holy shit I hope you get banned for that!

Just a proud dad showing off his son (who has mad skills by the way).

Nice work OP.
Cheers man. Maybe it is just a 'dad thing'...I really just dont understand some peoples thought processes, or lack thereof :mmph:

rone

Eats Squid
I've seen adults land drops less smooth than that. Talented kid - you must be stoked

Pevert and or pedophile....Sorry, it kind of sounds suss. BUT ANYWAY!!! Good on your kid!
You're an idiot. I believe an apology is in order.

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
I am very sorry for my comment Moorey. I was just trying to crack a joke, seeing as this is a more of a lax forum i was expecting not much of a kickback, that and the fact that i had a BIG day today -.- Sorry again and if you like i will 'edit' my comment.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those balance bikes seem to be the go. It took me ages to get my little boy off the training wheels.

He seemed to be able to balance and ride without touching them on the ground once he was going, but used to rely on them when starting or stopping. I came up with a tactic to let him roll down a gentle slope at a local park. I set him up with some elbow and knee guards and told him what was going on.
Just roll down nice and easy, I told him as I took off his training wheels. All went well and and he rolled down the hill nicely, until he slowed down and very gently tipped over.

Thats it! he yelled out and stormed over to a wheelie bin that was nearby. He started taking off his elbow and knee pads. I asked him what was going on and he said he was chucking his pads in the bin, because he was never riding his bike again.

It was all I could do not to laugh. It was piss funny!!

moorey

call me Mia
Those balance bikes seem to be the go. It took me ages to get my little boy off the training wheels.

He seemed to be able to balance and ride without touching them on the ground once he was going, but used to rely on them when starting or stopping. I came up with a tactic to let him roll down a gentle slope at a local park. I set him up with some elbow and knee guards and told him what was going on.
Just roll down nice and easy, I told him as I took off his training wheels. All went well and and he rolled down the hill nicely, until he slowed down and very gently tipped over.

Thats it! he yelled out and stormed over to a wheelie bin that was nearby. He started taking off his elbow and knee pads. I asked him what was going on and he said he was chucking his pads in the bin, because he was never riding his bike again.

It was all I could do not to laugh. It was piss funny!!
Pisser, lol:clap2:
He never had a balance bike, by his own choosing. Wanted the training wheels off soon after his 3rd birthday. I was dubious, but he proved me wrong first attempt. He has a 16", but likes hucking and jumping the 12" more. Santa has a Scott 20" Duallie MTB lined up for him:tape:

moorey

call me Mia
I am very sorry for my comment Moorey. I was just trying to crack a joke, seeing as this is a more of a lax forum i was expecting not much of a kickback, that and the fact that i had a BIG day today -.- Sorry again and if you like i will 'edit' my comment.
No grudge held man, cheers for that. VERY few things get me cranky, and i'm USUALLY the first to cross a line, so I'll let it slide:very_drunk:

fatdude

Likes Bikes
Thats a sick jump dude.

I know how you feel my 4yo son took his new giant 16" on a 7.5km ride with me yesterday and made it the whole way , he did get off and walk a few of the steepest bits while saying "i hate this ride , i wanna go home!" but then was cheering going flying down the hills , and he was loving it. Even had the missus on her sisters old mtb while i towed the 18 month old and all our gear in a trailer on my bike , was a great ride and only took us just over an hour.

son's been doing the old piece of ply up the gutter jump with the kids next door too , so no doubt i'll be struggling to keep up with him soon!

His new bike is his ktm moto , orange and black with front and rear mudguards he loves it!

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Cheers man. Maybe it is just a 'dad thing'...I really just dont understand some peoples thought processes, or lack thereof :mmph:
That's awesome! As a Dad I totally get it. My proudest moment was the day my little one rode without training wheels.

indica

Serial flasher
moorey, I am stoked for you,

This was my son (sorry for those of you that have seen it)

[video=youtube;XeQukvhQVtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQukvhQVtE[/video]

He continues to crash well.
Training wheels gone at three also, he is on a 20" GT mtb now and goes well, regularly landing on his face and trying to jump everything...