I Love Rob Warner (and Myles Rockwell)

heavyp

You heard it here first
So after 10 months I have finally finished one of my retro builds (I like to do things properly)

It was a bike I always wanted when I first got into DH in the late 90's and when this team frame/bike came up for sale I had to jump on it, Rob Warner used to be my favourite riders fast, funny, tall and a fellow Englishman.

This is the bike on the day I bought it
bike.jpg

After looking sourcing as many images as possible I decided to base my build on this image, as I thought parts would of been easier to come by (Oh how I was wrong)
warner.jpg

So here she is, big thanks to Jesse and the rest of the crew at fortheriders for putting up with my endless questions and talking about the past haha and building her for me.
TEAMDH.jpg
TEAMDH1.jpg

There is one more thing that has to be done and thats to swap over the tyres for the original Michelin Comp 16's I managed to get hold of.
Tyre.jpg
tyres.jpg

Last edited:

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Take that to Cairns in April. Get Warner on it and get the Parkins to film it. Post back here!
That my friend is something to seriously think about

And very nice bike. I myself am trying to do up and old Super 8 as to me they were the dream bike. parts are very hard to come by. but I'll get there eventually

heavyp

You heard it here first
That my friend is something to seriously think about

And very nice bike. I myself am trying to do up and old Super 8 as to me they were the dream bike. parts are very hard to come by. but I'll get there eventually
I'd love to guys but yeah id be afraid of something breaking.

I do need something fixed to make it even more of a Warner team only bike so maybe I can bribe/talk to someone to make it happen