I need a 24" Rim, reccomend me one...

Rik

logged out
For my BMX dj'er, I need a 24" rim, with 48 hole and a braking surface. I've checked Dice and Suns distributors, but they don't do anything to suit (all 36h). So what's another good rim, that'll take a shitload of pounding, and suits my requirements?

Rik

logged out
Ahh doesn't matter, I just ordered a 36h Rhyno Lite XL, and a Tuffneck flipflop hub to suit. Money I didn't need to spend :(

Rik

logged out
Yup, and that's the one I got :D
I checked the DirtWorks website and they didn't list it, but the shop guy (who coincidently is my brother) called them, and yes, they do a 24" SMO with 48 holes, so I ordered one of them. That's good, because I currently have SMO's on the rear of my zaskar (which is out of service) and on the back of the bmx, but they're both 26", so having smo's on the rear of both bikes, and a single front wheel to swap between them, will be good!

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those Tuffneck hubs are pretty useless. I would have gone for an Odyssey Hazard...or even a Joytech...

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Rik said:
I checked the DirtWorks website and they didn't list it, but the shop guy (who coincidently is my brother) called them, and yes, they do a 24" SMO with 48 holes, so I ordered one of them. That's good, because I currently have SMO's on the rear of my zaskar (which is out of service) and on the back of the bmx, but they're both 26", so having smo's on the rear of both bikes, and a single front wheel to swap between them, will be good!
how much was the moto mojo rim... id love to get one o them for me bike!! and where could i get a 48 hole rear hub that would run with gears?

Rik

logged out
The rim would retail around $100 from memory... as for a 48h MTB hub, I could've sworn DirtWorks bring them into the country, so it might be worthwhile pestering a shop for more info. Someone else is probably more clued up in that area than I am.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
Rik said:
how much was the moto mojo rim... id love to get one o them for me bike!! and where could i get a 48 hole rear hub that would run with gears?
I'm pretty sure either Dice or FUNN make one.

wombat

Lives in a hole
sxereturn said:
Those Tuffneck hubs are pretty useless. I would have gone for an Odyssey Hazard...or even a Joytech...
Yeah? I know they can't compare to the oddy's, but they're much cheaper. I would definately say they're well above a Joytech though.

Rik

logged out
I know a few kids that ride the tuffneck cassette hub and they love it, I do realise they're just cheap crap, but that's part of the reason for buying it! Anything is better than the crappy cone+ball bearing setup my current hub has, plus having a flipflop will mean 2 ratios, for on and off road, huzzah :)