I need to make my neighbors be quiet

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not even close. I come from Scootish stock on my old man's side, so we have a few in the family who, erroneously, consider themselves Bon Scott contemporaries. I'd rather sit through an hour of that rather than 20 seconds of Lara's cat skinning impersonation.
Fark! This must be some noise. Maybe send her and some friends as a quartet to Dozer for his birthday? They could greet him on the back deck and perform a full symphony of his choosing. It would likely be music to his ears. Unless someone has put water in the neighbours fuel tank rendering them unable to drive off in a huff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On the flea front there are tablets available from most vets that in theory keep fleas off your animals for a month. I can't think of the name, but they work very well.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
On the flea front there are tablets available from most vets that in theory keep fleas off your animals for a month. I can't think of the name, but they work very well.
Good chance it is Comfortis. It does work very well to remove the fleas but it also harms the dog initially and in the long term. We used it a few times on our dog and she hurled straight up. The intelligence I get is that it poisons the dog into a slow downward spiral. It's also $95 for five fucking tablets!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Good chance it is Comfortis. It does work very well to remove the fleas but it also harms the dog initially and in the long term. We used it a few times on our dog and she hurled straight up. The intelligence I get is that it poisons the dog into a slow downward spiral. It's also $95 for five fucking tablets!
That'd be the one. I jam them in my dog across the summer and haven't had any problems. Been at it for years...still you did use the word slow. She is 10 now so in 5 years I'll get back to you.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
That'd be the one. I jam them in my dog across the summer and haven't had any problems. Been at it for years...still you did use the word slow. She is 10 now so in 5 years I'll get back to you.
Comfortis or Panoramis, depending on whether you want to worm with the same tablet or not. The does is quite low and the studies I read on it suggested no detrimental effects to health at twice the recommended dose. We started using it on advice from our vet after trying everything else (flea shampoos every week, frontline, whatever that other brand of the drops is, flea bombing the house, 1 day tablets which just kill them & don't keep them away), those fleas were immortal. Within 30min of starting Panoramis, they were history and never came back and has done the poor dog a world of good.

If you want them cheap, there's an online Australia based store that sells them & mails them to you at half the price of a pet store. Want them cheaper again? Get the tablets for a larger dog & split them in half, extra $5 for twice the amount (advice from a vet).

The funny thing is, the Mrs went to the pet store & tried to buy the larger dog size & let slip the actual size of the dog. The lady said she couldn't sell them to her because she couldn't trust her to cut them in half evenly (never mind the dose doesn't need to be that accurate anyway). 30 seconds later she proceeded to sell steroid tablets for a different problem with instructions on the label to cut them in half to halve the dose. :doh:

Anyway, enough of that, back to getting neighbors to shut up.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Well well well, I have some good news to add to this thread and it's closure in fact! The c@#ts have sold and are just about moved out! They'll be gone this week but they still have some random living in a tent in the garage...............The whole street is stoked that I've gotten this far without an assault charge! The new owners will spend the first few weeks repainting the house, stripping the bathroom and kitchen and starting again, they'll put in a drive way and they intend to plant some nice gardens. The house is five years old and is pretty unsightly. The other upside is the new people own a local pet store that we get all our dog tucker from so the hound should be happy.
I never have given too much grief to the turds that lived in there but I've made it clear that I'm glad to see them go. They haven't said anything about the fowl smell on their clothes after I've pissed on a spray bottle and sprayed it on the washed clothes on their line, they must just be used to filth I guess.

Yay for me!! :party:

ChopSticks

Banned
They haven't said anything about the fowl smell on their clothes after I've pissed on a spray bottle and sprayed it on the washed clothes on their line, they must just be used to filth I guess.
hahahahah thats actually EPIC !!!!!

at least you now have nice neighbours! and can put the bad ones behind you!
throw a BBQ and welcome the new ones to your street along with the other neighbours?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Some poor bastard landlord is about to get the tenants from hell!

Nice to see the ordeal has ended without Dozer doing time.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
but they still have some random living in a tent in the garage...............
What the actual fuck?

Seems like a waste of effort, pitching a tent in a garage.....why not just go to Harvey Norman and get an old fridge box?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I'm getting a cat cage and will catch the cat in my yard, play it cool then take the kitty for a visit to some bushland fifty kilometres away.
glad you didn't have to resort to this considering just how bad the feral cat problem is in the MNC. i'd have dumped the cat at a vet or the pound.

My niece recently took up the violin. Get one. If there is a worse noise than a out of tune violin played badly, I've, thankfully, yet to hear it. Bit of practice by your west fence at 7:30 will have them moving out or slitting their wrists.
two words - descant recorder.

Well well well, I have some good news to add to this thread and it's closure in fact! The c@#ts have sold and are just about moved out! [snip]
I never have given too much grief to the turds that lived in there but I've made it clear that I'm glad to see them go. They haven't said anything about the fowl smell on their clothes after I've pissed on a spray bottle and sprayed it on the washed clothes on their line, they must just be used to filth I guess.

Yay for me!! :party:
awesome news indeed and you've just given me ideas on how to sort my bogan DV-loving dolebludging gasser neighbours. and their bird-murdering cat.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
glad you didn't have to resort to this considering just how bad the feral cat problem is in the MNC. i'd have dumped the cat at a vet or the pound
I'm glad too, I'd help the animals before I'd help the people. Strangely, the dog barking just stopped one week and I later established that it had been taken away by a friend or relative. I felt relived for the dog! I haven't seen the cat since I went outside to see it getting beaten up one night by another cat and I stood there in my undies while the dopey daughter stood in their doorway calling out to it. I hope the animals are better off.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What the actual fuck?

Seems like a waste of effort, pitching a tent in a garage.....why not just go to Harvey Norman and get an old fridge box?
I reckon the tent is a cheap way of keeping some still heat on some things that need to grow.............

Stoked for you Dozer. Had a shocker spell with some dead-shit neighbours too, so your thread was somewhat therapeutic- particularly given everyone else's experiences. Glad to hear you'll be able to get back to a normal co-existence with your new neighbours.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
It is a good result, although it can be a double edged sword. We had deadshits renting either side of us until recently, when both places sold within a month of each other, both sets of new owners are living in them, and are quiet and friendly. Perceived downside? I am now the biggest areshole in the street :first:

stirk

Burner
It is a good result, although it can be a double edged sword. We had deadshits renting either side of us until recently, when both places sold within a month of each other, both sets of new owners are living in them, and are quiet and friendly. Perceived downside? I am now the biggest areshole in the street :first:
Ha ha.

I'm about to join the arsehole club, moving into a heavily tree filled block, first job is chopping down about 10 big trees, apparently a hippy lives next door, they'll be pissed off!

wavike

Likes Dirt
Got dobbed in when moved into current house for cutting down a couple of half dead shrubs on the footpath out front. Nasty letter from council. Called them a couple of months later about the dangerous stumps on the footpath, council came with stump grinder and fixed - last laugh - me.

floody

Wheel size expert
Glad to hear they've gone.

All this talk about bogan ass neighbours is making me remember the last bogan family that lived across the street..

Most nights they would have domestics and at least once a week some times more, cops were called to the house, they did burnouts in their yard and on the street, rode motorbikes around the neighbourhood with no helmets on.

One night they had a huge fight, cops got called, arrested some of them and had to mace some of them i think, than a tow truck came and towed one of the cars away, cops also dusted around their house for finger prints. Than one christmas they had a massive family brawl, cops were called took away a dude and the cops got beer bottles slogged at the paddy wagon as it left.

Than one day without warning, they just packed their shit up and left, they even left a poor dog behind in a cage thing.

^This sounds like our old neighbours (we moved), except this stuff happened from a few times a month to once a week, depending on how many 'problems' they were experiencing. Someone got stabbed in the front yard once, bogans in balaclavas on a pitbike lit the tree in their front yard on fire, they had acquaintances in caravans and campers staying in the yard (one of which got burnt out). They'd have cars in bits front, back and driveway. Every visitor did a burnout into the cul de sac and out of the driveway. They had gentle and sweet yet horribly mistreated dogs, which disappeared every time we called RSPCA/Animal Control. They would have benders where music was played at full volume, enough to rattle our cupboard doors at the opposite end of our house), for literally weeks at a time 24 hours a day. Two teenagers never at school. Visitors at all hours, one day there had been 11 cars through the joint by lunchtime. Fights in the yard. Fights in the street. Pitched battles with multiple carloads of scumbags. Drug addict, woman bashing arsehole boyfriend lived there for weeks at a time, would batter the shit out of the woman who lived there, cops seemed to do nothing. He was on a DSP for 'back problems' but could spend 2 hours at a time aimlessly whipper snippering or change a gearbox unaided in the driveway, no sweat. At one point they started burning things in the backyard; bonfires first, then fridges and appliances, stolen palings out of our fence. At some point when boyfriend moved back after a stint away he was living in their dirt floor garden shed...

Anyway someone bought the house, shoved us out, so good luck to them.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Bloody hell Floody, that sounds crazy. Glad I never had that much shit go down!

I met the new neighbors yesterday, my dog had barked at the new sounds a couple of times so I wanted her to get used to them and say G'day. Anyway, they are pretty cool dudes and showed us around the house and what they had planned. All the carpet and underlay is going in the bin as the entire house has had cat shit and piss all over it. The bathrooms are useless as they have no grout in the tiles and no wet seal behind it from when the douchebag owner builder bodged the whole thing. When they got the keys to the place, the pigs living there had left worn underwear in baskets sitting in the laundry, old food in the cupboards and had not had the bins emptied in a month. It's crazy, the house is a mere five years old and it's totally disgusting. Anyway, the new owners have big plans so anything is better than what was in it. Still, they paid top dollar for the place and still need to sink a good $80,000 into it to finish the thing.