I tested a BOS shock!

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
i ll be sure to do it on the bottom jumps. Not to worried about it s jump absorption. I heard there was no landing, and it was more or less to flat.
is that right?

nicho
yeh theres no real landing unless you pin it other wise its more of a huck but can sort of trasfer over to the b-line landing on the right.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Keeping in mind that the DHX RC4 at TBSM is a W.C. limited edition model of which only 200 were produced. RRP's of the 2010 Fox range haven't been released as yet.
Also keeping in mind that so far Nicho is the only importer of shocks so confident in his product that he is taking it to state rounds and letting randoms test it for nothing...

Until others importers do like wise I suggest we keep their product out of this discussion and give Nicho his due

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also keeping in mind that so far Nicho is the only importer of shocks so confident in his product that he is taking it to state rounds and letting randoms test it for nothing...

Until others importers do like wise I suggest we keep their product out of this discussion and give Nicho his due
Hmmm, I don't think I ever questioned the BOS product nor did I compare quality to the Fox RC4. I simply responded and clarified a point Nicho made on price.

It's unreal what Nicho is doing to get his product into the market and I have told him that.

floody

Wheel size expert
The BOS may just suit my riding style really well.
Well said. If that is the case, then the BOS item is undoubtedly better for you. Unfortunately its hard to turn that into an absolute.

Shocks for offroad vehicles are just so subjective, the conditions are rarely static etc. So Nicho's test ride setup is a brilliant idea. Certainly the BOS things look the goods.

Last edited:

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt

But then again BOS is re-entering the market and needs the exposure while FOX and the like do not. Everyone knows that a well set up DHX 5 suits most people and it costs less. There is no need for their to be Fox tents saying test this as every will most likely already have one on their bike. Perhaps they should have a tent to help with setup and services or even testing the RC4 but Australia is small fish for the big companies.

But it is awesome that a distributor is going this far to show just how good a product is. Nicho was doing this as far back as september last year in that people could have a short ride on his own personal bike to test it out around the pits.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
i say everyone should just stop having a cry about it not being as good as a fox.

the dude tested both, he isnt lying, the bos is better.
i seriously think everyone should stop argueing and just test ride one, from all the reviews on the internet and also from this guy they all say this is one bad boy shock, crazy smooth and with obsorbes every bumb weather that good or bad.

if i had the money it would be the shock i would be running.

nicho does say shit or import shit

Ben Oz

Likes Dirt
Cant comment on the stoy but im going to have to get one to compliment the front end know - Just got a set of BOS Idylle forks (replacing 08 boxxers) - I got fed up waiting for the new boxxers - and im glad that I did - these forks feel really good - work really well - and managed to nock a bit of time off my race time (from the Nats round) on what felt like a slower track. The build quality is top notch - and before every one starts whining about the weight - I could not notice the difference - I will have to post a full report once I have spent more time on them. :)
Photo taken by : Josh McDonald