I think i'm being chased!

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
Picked up my new ride today! 06 Cannondale Chase 2:D

my story...........

i gave up downhilling about 12 months ago. Sold all my gear and my DHi and decided i would put around and do some xc, but the downhill demon still lurked in side me! I decided a street/ jump bike would satisfy the beast within. Started looking for second hand bikes, came across some very nice bikes but nothing that jumped ( so to speak) out at me.

So this afternoon i stoped by my LBS to say hi and noticed the chase winking at me, pulled it out of the rack and had a little pedal......... i was in love! He offered it to me at an awsome price as its an 06, the next thing i know im loading it in to the back of the car

All i have to do now is convince my ( pregnant ) wife that a 28 year old man needs a jump bike! wish me luck;)

Havent had a chance to ride it yet so ill fill you all in at the end of the weekend.

Thankyou for reading my life story!

full spec can be found here

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-6FSD2.html

Attachments

skinner

Likes Dirt
Good luck with the explaination to the missus....it can be hard trying to explain why you NEED more than 1 bike. Trust me been there done that. Damn, maybe its best just not to tell them.

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice man.. looks sick. I'de change the forks later down the track. but your wife would probably wnt to know why you want different spongey feeling thingies at the front that would set you back more dough.. nice nevertheless

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice bike, looks the goods. you may want to get a chainguide or a ss conversion later on. you will soon realise how much of a pain your chain falling of is.

good luck with your wife.:D

M|ke

Likes Dirt
my life stories that involve bike stores usually end up with my dad saying get a job that pays well. but none the less that is one very sexy bike.

and to help ease the trouble with your wife let her take it for a ride then she'll be in love to:D

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
thanx for the replies! keep them comming

Everything with the wife went ok:D i cant lie to her about bike things or upgrades because she used to ride and knows a fair bit them. She can notice when ive done the slightest changes:eek:

I feel like a 10 year old at christmas, ive been up half the night tinkering

going for a ride this morning, cant wait:D

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
i cant lie to her about bike things or upgrades because she used to ride and knows a fair bit them. She can notice when ive done the slightest changes:eek:
Not mine thank f#$%,changed from Manipoo blacks to marz do4's and she didn,t notice woo hoo;)
Mind you my plans for a single speed ht might be a bit much:)
Cool bike too
cheers jon

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So not content with just looking like Aaron Chase, you complete the part by riding his pro model ...hahah!!!

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
well, i did a bit of riding on the weekend, and all i can say is that the chase is un-farkin-beliveable:D

did a Dh run at ourimbah with wayno

mucked around at a skate park

hit up some Dj's

This really is a great allround bike

Ive never been any good at jumping or street stuff, but the bike inspires so much confidence! Im just so keen to learn more stuff that ive been thinking about riding all week

Love it

chase

sweet thats basically exactly the same as my chase but this is a list of the stuff im orderind in the next month
rock shox argyle 409 2007
fsa pig dh pro headset
atom lab pimp lite 24 inch rims
hope pro 2 front and rear hubs
and hopefully some blkmrkt bars and stem ill post it up when i ve finished pimpin it

Dug

Likes Dirt
The story continues

Wanna now more.......... Great bike geez i wish I had one just like it .......

But alas I have heh heh heh How are ya... Guess who:D

Holy rollers and BB7's to replace the BB5's Look out for the old fart at the bike parks.....

Oh yea 10weight in the front end and some "o" rings fixes the stance forks still a bit sketchy but it will do for now.. Still a great bike loooooove it

Last edited: