I want one...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Look I know you SS guys are weird but 10k on a bike with no gears or brakes is umm... TOTAL BOLLOCKS!

liamo

Likes Dirt
It isn't a single speed. It's a fixed gear, hence the lack of brakes.
SS, fixie, it's still rock 'n roll to me.

The lack of brakes is fine, those wheels are just plain out there!

It's almost as bad as wearing an aero helmet in a mtb race.

Liam

LordNikon

Uber Geek
$10k is definitely excessive, which is why I haven't ordered one.

Although I have asked them for a price of a steel version instead of the Ti and Carbon that this one is made from. All the black tubes are carbon, the rest is Ti.

Personally I like the wheels, but that's just me, I ride Velocity Deep V's on my commuter so I'm used to the deep rim look.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
If you stop drooling on the keyboard and read the text, the silly wheels were only for the bike shows.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But I bet he is still replacing them with Velocity Deep V's:D Should be a nice bike to ride across the US on......

The Paperboy

Likes Dirt
Maybe i'm just dumb but has anyone else noticed the rear sprocket on the opposite side to normal?? Is this just a show piece or is there some sort of weird logic for it?? I haven't had much to do with road bikes maybe it has some purpose i'm unaware of the only thing I could think of would be to turn the wheel around. What for I have no idea because you guys said it had fixies in it??

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe i'm just dumb but has anyone else noticed the rear sprocket on the opposite side to normal?? Is this just a show piece or is there some sort of weird logic for it?? I haven't had much to do with road bikes maybe it has some purpose i'm unaware of the only thing I could think of would be to turn the wheel around. What for I have no idea because you guys said it had fixies in it??
Each side has a different sized cog, so you can change gear ratios by turning the wheel around. I'd be doing the same if I was crossing the US, reach big mountain, change to smaller gear, get to top, switch to bigger gear. This is the same way that road racers did it until Campagnolo invented the deraileur.

The Paperboy

Likes Dirt
Each side has a different sized cog, so you can change gear ratios by turning the wheel around. I'd be doing the same if I was crossing the US, reach big mountain, change to smaller gear, get to top, switch to bigger gear. This is the same way that road racers did it until Campagnolo invented the deraileur.
Thankyou for that.