I9 torch classic hubs --anyone own a pair?

MARKL

Eats Squid
Seeing no one else has posted. I don't have the Torch hubs but I do have 4 sets of the original design I9 wheels complete with I9 spokes, I have them in everything from ultralights through to DH.

Basically I love them I reckon they are one of the best wheelsets going around. Comparing them to other wheels the hub system is very strong, easy to service and reliable - better than Mavic or similar (I have a set of Crossmax SLR's and it isn't even a comparison + Crank Bros, Spinergy, Hope, & Superstar). The hub closest would be a King but I9 doesn't need any special tools to service. The spokes seem to be fairly reliable though as with all aluminium spokes they are more vulnerable (and exy) than stainless.

At the end of the day they are light, strong and reliable but exy wheels - and they look hot. If you can afford them I reckon for it - but I may be biased. The new torch hubs haven't changed much but all the changes are positive - interchangeable end caps (old design you had to change the axles), modernised the aesthetics a little and tiny weight reduction). No distro in Oz any longer best way to buy is either direct from the states or via ebay.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I thought Koiled was the distributor ?

I enquired a couple of months ago about the torch wheelsets and their price (rrp) was very competitive with the imported price from US once taxes accounted for. I ended up going for the new Roval hookless carbon wheelset for a slightly cheaper price (not decided because of price, more to avoid the i9 spoke design).

Would love to have a set of their hubs though.

If you are not concerned about weight so much, have you looked at RLC sport hubs that use the i9 cassette body ?

http://rlcsport.com.au/site/products-page/hubs/project321-rear-mtb-hub-black/