IBIS Full carbon with 5.5" rear travel

josh123

Likes Dirt
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM! she a fine piece o' ass:p Only 25lbs:eek: Anyone no a general guesstimate of that to kilos? Sweet lookin bike....love it

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That doesn't strike me as amazingly light for a carbon fibre bike, which makes me suspect it would be VERY strong and beefy.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
S. said:
Apparently they spent about $300,000US developing that frame.
Geeesss!!!! Its not like they had to design the suspension system, wonder what they spent the money on? Molds are expensive, but $300k?

nickz

Likes Dirt
Good to see that Ibis is back, they did some pretty impressive things with Ti back in the day, this looks awesome!

S.

ex offender
Cave Dweller said:
Geeesss!!!! Its not like they had to design the suspension system, wonder what they spent the money on? Molds are expensive, but $300k?
I could see that being spent very easily. 2 x fulltime test riders (hypothetical, I have NFI if that's anything like what they did), a handful of alpha prototypes, all the CAD/CAE/FEA software associated (they do tend to include prices of shit like that because it makes the total figure seem higher and thus more impressive, even though every bike design is likely to need a half decent CAD program at the very minimum), some beta prototypes, fatigue testing dynos of some sort (whether they bought them or hired them or made them, who knows), all the tooling and stuff, telemetry kits and whatnot for real-world testing, proper research into carbon fibre materials and structural analysis (which is a bit of a bitch with CF cos it's not isotropic... I think that's the right word)... if I was gonna make a seriously high end bike like that I reckon I could easily spend $1m on the development and setup.

At the very least it sounds like they haven't cut corners. Pretty wicked looking bike IMO.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nup, can't put a bottle cage on by the looks of it, piece of crap.

(just jokes........)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That and the Scott Ransom are two of the nicest looking bikes that have come out recently IMO. Although the Scott insistence on proprietry shocks drives me crazy.