:: Ibis Mojo HD ::

starship303

Likes Dirt
---edit: new pics page 4 ---

To say this bike has been a long time coming is a major understatement! When these first appeared as a prototype under the legs of Mr Lopes I knew that this was going to be a front runner for my next dream bike. Its versatility was its main drawing card for me, as well as the fact its pure pr0n! I've been saving and working out a build that would suit my needs for ages now, and finally my Mojo HD is here!

This is actually an HD140. For $20 I also bought the 160mm 'chips' for running it in the slacker longer travel setting, but for now (as I also still have my DH bike) this is first and foremost a replacement for my loyal Intense 5.5 trail bike. Down the track I will likely find some 170/180mm forks and a 160mm shock (possibly coil) and run it in 160 mode when I am ready to let go of the my DH rig.

I'm still waiting on my new rear brake but at this stage I just wanted to get the bike running for the Syd to Gong ride, so I've stolen the brakes and tyres off my street bike... this is why the rear brake house is travelling through the middle of the frame - it only just fits! Also need to cut the fork steerer a bit more, just waiting on carbon spacers.

How does it ride then?? Well I've only had a bit of a play around the local area, so not properly off road yet but from what I can tell so far - AMAZING! It feels at least as stiff as my Nicolai (no mean feat!) but very light and nimble. Its slacker and longer than my Intense but lighter (particularly the front end) and considerably stiffer. I find it really likes to 'pop' of things, and reacts very fast to every little rider input. It's a blast to ride around the streets, so I can only imagine what it's like on the trail. Can't wait!!

Anyway enough gasbagging, on to the build...

Frame: 2012 Ibis Mojo HD140, Vitamin P, Large (direct mount front der, 12x142 rear end)
Shock: 2012 FOX FLOAT RP23 Adaptive Logic w/Kashima Coat
Fork: 2011 RS Revelation 150 RLT Ti Dual Position, mission control
Brakes: XT M785 w/ Ice Tech Rotors, 180 Front 160 Rear (to come)
Cassette: XT M771-10, 11/36
Chain: XT, HG94
Cranks: SRAM X0, GXP 2x10, black, 175mm
Pedals: Superstar magnesium platforms, or Time ATAC clipless
Shifter: XT Rapidfire Plus Shift Levers SL-M780
Front Der: XT Direct Mount Double Front Derailleur, FD-M786D, black
Rear Der: XT Shadow Rear Derailleur RD-M780, black Medium
Headset: Cane Creek 40-Series Mixed Tapered, black
Grips: ODI Rogue Lock-On's, black
Handlebars: Easton EC70 XC Riser Carbon, Low rise, Oversized, 685mm
Stems: Easton Haven Stem Black 70mm
Saddle: Sette Italia SLK gel with vanox rails
Seatpost: Thomson Elite, 31.6
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 2.25 LUST (currently running street tyres for Syd to Gong ride)
Wheelset: 2012 Easton Haven, 20mm Front, 12x142mm Rear
Weight: Unknown at this stage, but around 12kg is my guess.

Photos: below are some mobile phone photos. Better ones to come once its fully finished. =)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

faz

Likes Dirt
Very very nice. Am thinking about ditching the XC race bike and getting one - but I want a new DSLR camera too. What price does a build like that come in at?

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice looking beastie. Very keen to hear what you think of the 140mm setting. Also the wheels and forks.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
nice

mine is back in 140/150 mode now, with an angelset giving a sub 66.5* head angle and a longer wheelbase
love it!!

just for info, you can't just change the 'chips' (the 'chips' are trhe front shock mounts for those who don't know) to make it longer travel and slacker, you have to change the 'chips', shock and fork

definately one of the best long travel AM/Trail rigs out there

starship303

Likes Dirt
Appreciate the comments guys.

Mr Cove, nice to hear there is another one out there. They aren't the most common of bikes on the trails thats for sure! Angleset? Yeah its in the back of my mind (my Revelation is 1-1/8 steerer so I can knock the HA down in the future if I feel the need). Actually, on the Angleset - do you get any creaking Mr Cove? There seems to be a number of complaints about this with the Angleset.

As for pricing, as a starting point RRP for the frame is around the 3500 mark.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Really nice build! Just beautiful. Now get out there and ride it!

starship303

Likes Dirt
Haha don't worry guys this will be on the dirt the first chance I get!! It just has to act as a road bikee for the Gong ride and then the Ardents are going on. Besides, I want my street bike functioning again!

Cheers,

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, really jealous! Where did you get the frame from?? I'm thinking one of these could be the next all mountain rig

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
That thing is beautiful! Whats the pedaling efficiency like? Are they everything they're cracked up to be? It really is a sick looking rig!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Very nice, great job. I have a Mojo SL and it is an awesome bike. I imagine that the HD will be a trail shredder. I am looking to get a new one by years end as I should be on a large and keep swaying between the SLR and the HD. There is a new distributor for Ibis and prices have dropped. :single_eye:

faz

Likes Dirt
Very nice, great job. I have a Mojo SL and it is an awesome bike. I imagine that the HD will be a trail shredder. I am looking to get a new one by years end as I should be on a large and keep swaying between the SLR and the HD. There is a new distributor for Ibis and prices have dropped. :single_eye:
Who distributes them now? I sent an email to Dirtworks enquiring about them last week, if there is a new distributor might explain why I haven't got an answer yet.