AM Ibis Mojo HD3...Major Upgrades.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can I ask how tall you are and how you are finding the sizing?

I've got a mate 5'8' and we are currently sniffing around for a Bronson for him but I see the awesome deal Defcon has at the moment on a Large HD3 and was wondering with a shorter stem if he could fit

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
I reckon you'd be right. I am 5'10-11 on a large hd3 and have a 60mm stem which feels just right. But 5'8 maybe run a
40mm?

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
Can I ask how tall you are and how you are finding the sizing?

I've got a mate 5'8' and we are currently sniffing around for a Bronson for him but I see the awesome deal Defcon has at the moment on a Large HD3 and was wondering with a shorter stem if he could fit
Hey mate.

Im 174cm with shoes on and have average proportions in terms of arm and leg length.
I personally feel that the medium fits me very well.

Im using a 125mm dropper post and could easily run a 150mm length one and still have room to spare.

I used a 50mm stem for a long time and had no dramas with the length of the bike and would still be fine with a 70mm stem. But I prefer bikes that are super agile, some would say twitchy and love to flick the bike around like its a bmx so I put a 35mm length stem on. Ive lost alittle bit of stability on long open down hlls but can now zip around corners like I want to.

I think at 5'8 you would be ok if you also ran a 35mm stem but would only be able to use a 125mm dropper or maybe a 100mm one.

The price of the frame that Defcon is selling is crazy cheap and I know if I were to sell my frame it sure would not be priced that low so If its the bike you want Ide snap it up.

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You guys are legends, thanks heaps!

Hopefully my mate is willing to give it a go, I reckon he'll be right too.
It is a great deal.