If you have a Demo DH bike, please enter!

e-man

Likes Dirt
At the moment I'am building up a specialized Demo frame and i'am unsure off the spring rate I should use on the FSR system, I'am only 69 - 70kg and have a 500lb spring, to me this seems a bit heavy, I was going too go down too a 350 lb or 400 lb spring. If I could have the weights off some riders and the pound spring you have would be much appreciated.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At the moment I'am building up a specialized Demo frame and i'am unsure off the spring rate I should use on the FSR system, I'am only 69 - 70kg and have a 500lb spring, to me this seems a bit heavy, I was going too go down too a 350 lb or 400 lb spring. If I could have the weights off some riders and the pound spring you have would be much appreciated.
Im about the same weight as you, and I'm running a 400pd, im stoked on it with that, but i run my bikes a bit stiffer compared to others.

macca21

Likes Dirt
I'd say jacko is on the money with 400lbs.
I'm a little under 90Kg with a 500lbs
My brother is the same weight as you but runs it very stiff for his weight at 450lbs

ac_DHer

Likes Dirt
Im about the same weight as you, and I'm running a 400pd, im stoked on it with that, but i run my bikes a bit stiffer compared to others.
Yep much the same here. 68kgs and running 400lbs on a Cane Creek Double barrel though.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Am about to put a 450 on, I weigh about 94 ish I think? I have been running the 400 spring, now I am very interested to see how the 450 goes!

Has my laziness been making my ride not ride as it should? Quite possibly...

Will let you know how the 450 goes!

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd say jacko is on the money with 400lbs.
I'm a little under 90Kg with a 500lbs
My brother is the same weight as you but runs it very stiff for his weight at 450lbs
His demo is a 2009 yeah?

anyone know if the 2011/12 frames, differ in spring rate need compared to the older model/s?

e-man

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replys guys, I'am probly gonnalook at a K9 spring in 375lb for myself, should be spot on, alot off people are saying that a "stiffer suspension" dh bikes will handle better tho?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Depends on what you like ... I've gone from semi rigid to plush and I think plush gives me more control and gives me less fatigue.

One of the lads on a Demo that I ride with is currently playing around with weights between 400 & 450 (he is 90kgs) ... he'll prolly go in between 425

Vedsy

Likes Dirt
I'm 85ish at the moment and recently changed from a 450 spring to a 500. I prefer it. Never had issues with the 450 but I find the extra firmness in the 500 makes it feel a bit livelier.

Korune

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replys guys, I'am probly gonnalook at a K9 spring in 375lb for myself, should be spot on, alot off people are saying that a "stiffer suspension" dh bikes will handle better tho?
personal preference... I run my bike very stiff now days... I used to run it soft, but I find I'm alot faster and smother with stiffer suspension, but this may no be the same for you...

Also sorry to hijack your thread but I'm not running a demo at the moment, just considering buying one... I've been looking at the 2012 Demo 8 I... my only concern is with the bike is the Boxxer RC fork... being the entry level boxxer is it likely to blow up or something if its ridden hard and how smooth are they? (my current DH fork is a 2008 888 ATA Wc)