Illinbah DH-4X-XC Open Day - 3 October 2010

d_j1

Likes Dirt
There's a decent crew heading out to Beerburrum tomorrow. Check the thread below this.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mate, instead just go ride in tamborine mountain!!! ahhh wait, because of people like you, with stupid attitude they also banned riding there!!!!

nice work, attitude goes a very long way!!!
Oh cool post hansel!

friz

Likes Dirt
What Harvey doesn't know because he left to early, is that the road leading to the top of the mountain is washed out, mean the trucks and buses would not be able to get to the top anyway. Most people don't know me, Hi all I'm Fraser Vice President of the Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club. I am the one that heads tracks maintenance and building. I sent 3+ hours out there today scotting a wet weather line, and the rain that fell while out there was enough to put next weekend in dought. For people that know the top forest well know that a creek runs through it, well the creek is running and running with gusto.

Fraser.

heavyp

You heard it here first
If Illinbah is getting the weather we are on the goldy today it would have been a complete washout.

Great job guys for sticking to your guns and calling it off earlier.

harveyp

Likes Dirt
If Illinbah is getting the weather we are on the goldy today it would have been a complete washout.

Great job guys for sticking to your guns and calling it off earlier.
Thanks mate, it is always hard to make the call but at least I now feel justified in doing so and trust me, I pondered over it for quite some time!! Am trying to piece together some bits so that we can have an Open Day before Nationals but the weather has to settle in the first place and that will mean at least 2 weeks of dry! Keep an eye out on this forum for information:D