Illinbah open day july?

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, Just wondering if there is going to be an open day this month? Can't see anything on the GCMTB facebook?

Cheers, Jordan

Luke.Z

Likes Bikes
They have to wait until the weather cleans up enough for them to work on the track to a ride able standard as there have been cattle on the track and the track needs general trail care.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To east mate, whenever they need a hand with the track PM me and I'll come out and lend a hand :)

harveyp

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, Just wondering if there is going to be an open day this month? Can't see anything on the GCMTB facebook?

Cheers, Jordan
We have not had a ride day at Illinbah since last year and the way the weather keeps going it will be a long time before we ride again! The track is in need of a complete overhaul and rebuild but until we can be assured that dry conditions are going to be around for awhile, we are not even contemplating working out there. When we do start building the track again a post will be put up on this Forum and on our Club's Facebook and webpage. Just keep praying to the dry weather gods!!

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
We have not had a ride day at Illinbah since last year and the way the weather keeps going it will be a long time before we ride again! The track is in need of a complete overhaul and rebuild but until we can be assured that dry conditions are going to be around for awhile, we are not even contemplating working out there. When we do start building the track again a post will be put up on this Forum and on our Club's Facebook and webpage. Just keep praying to the dry weather gods!!
i dont see whats the point of rebuilding it....
everytime we go down to do track work (yes i have gone down before)... all it takes is a shower and we cant ride it for weeks
then anymore than a shower we are out for months therefore the track gets destroyed and we have to do it all again

yes i know its an amazing track but its in the worst area and even the shuttle road is on the way out

im just speaking for myself
but if im going to go down somewhere and build for 2 solid days then i would want the track to last more than a few weeks before its out of action for months at a time

surely there are other land owners around there that have some land that we could work on that isnt going to be destroyed by the slightest bit of rain

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
The track gets wrecked becasue the way it is currently designed has poor drainage/sits across the fall line.
Both of these can easily be fixed but some of the tracks "Steep" would need to be re-routed.

Its hard to prevent cows tho hahaha

what migiht be worth looking into is a wet weather/dry weather lines?