Illinbah What A Day

stevenw

Pro Rider
Thanks Steve,
Can you check on that with the club when you get the chance though?

Because in '05 (the a-line wasn't open for '06) they split the riders with different coloured stickers on the number plates. Elite, Expert, and U19 got to race the A-line, and everyone else had to race the B-line.

I don't have a problem with leaving line choice open to the rider, that'll probably keep everyone happy (as long as the A-line is the fastest). :)

No worries Udi, I'll look into that for you. I'm fairly sure you will be able to choose your own line.

friz

Likes Dirt
Yep , definetly put some corners in above the jumps near the end as Uditha said.
Through the forest there's one right corner near the end thats nearly stopped, open er up and carry some speed through.

(getting picky now)

Up the top it goes straight - 90 deg corner - straight - 90 deg corner - straight - 90 deg corner etc etc. The consensus among my mates was that needed more flow.

Basically just make it flow better. The track had some ripper sections, but in between in felt very slow and boring. Sorry to keep comparing, as it is two completely different hills. At Kenny you're always doing something but Illy seems very action - nothing - action - nothing, if you get my drift.

Hope that makes sense.
Needs more corners, needs more flow, is very slow ?
try pedalling, and the end is great viewing for spectators and alike.
Shit mate its only newish give some time to evolve.

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Steve,
Can you check on that with the club when you get the chance though?

Because in '05 (the a-line wasn't open for '06) they split the riders with different coloured stickers on the number plates. Elite, Expert, and U19 got to race the A-line, and everyone else had to race the B-line.

I don't have a problem with leaving line choice open to the rider, that'll probably keep everyone happy (as long as the A-line is the fastest). :)
Yes, I race expert, please let us ride the A-line or choose between them. I'm hoping the A-line is a decent amount faster for most riders i.e. those who can ride it confidently. I missed this open day but went to the one in feb, track is looking sweet.

friz

Likes Dirt
madmatt has it down to a tee, just ride the track, all tracks should be different and if they weren't, will that would be very boring.

metallica27

Likes Dirt
Hi James,

yes we will be doing more social days because we want riders opinions on the changes that we make before the national rounds. The social days also help us raise much need funds, to go towards inproving the track ect.

Also keep your eyes open for the sunshine series 4x races. I'll give ya more details once we have set the dates.

Cheers!
is there going to be 4x now in the sunshine series? :D

intenselife

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all involved for a great day, my opinion is that the track is pretty much perfect leave it how it is.
If you can't get your flow through the forest, well isn't that half the fun of downhill, it is flowy through the forest you just have ride it faster.

And if you want to ride the a line, race in elite there's alway slower people in the other classes and it's not the sort of section where you want people stopping or going a bit too slow.

DJ Dude

Likes Dirt
madmatt has it down to a tee, just ride the track, all tracks should be different and if they weren't, will that would be very boring.
I totally agree, i loved the track especialy because it's very different, what other track gives you a rock rainforest to a wide open space to have a sprint and to hit some off camber corners then back into some steep rocky shoots that you can at least hit without slowing down completely (aline)... like madmatt said it'll sort the men from boys, i think the rainforest could benfit from a few corners being built up as such to give you consistant flow, but apart from that top effort to gcmb and all helpers, it's only gonna get better an better, you can count me in for the working bee's :)

Zac Mac

Likes Bikes
thnaks for all of your feed back beacuse the track can only get better from
every ones imput.
the a line wont be open to all classes beacuse if you are in 19s and you get a slower class person walking down because he/she cant ride the a line there is gonna be some mayham if u understand what i am saying
the b line will be changed befor next race we were testing it out but the cows thort that they might hit it but dont think it worked out for them or us lol so it would be great to get people out and help on illinbah thanks for all of ya feed back
let all of ya no when the next working bee is on

cheese it

zac mac

udi

swiss cheese
I really hope it'll be open to Expert, because it was in '05 the last time the a-line was open, and it's much easier now than it used to be. I think it's only fair. :(

dirtdemon

Likes Dirt
Under 19's is just an age group not an admission of ability, and there is lots of variance from 1st to Last even at a national level. There is good and bad riders in every catergory besides the elite. Let the riders decide on their ability to take an "a" or "b" line instead of marshalling it out.

Zac Mac

Likes Bikes
yes and at nats every one is going to be doing the a line
and there should be a very small difference in skill level at nats
beacuse its nats

Jaanos

Likes Dirt
As long as the B-line is definitely slower than the A-line there should be no reason why expert etc. can’t have a go at it. You will have to put some chicanes into the B-line and make sure it is slower tho or everyone will just pin the B-line! As someone else pointed out, the U19 class is JUST AN AGE GROUP and not a skill level and although there are some fast U19s there are also some less competent U19s as well; and in reality they should all be given the option to take the B-line as well.

I think everyone wanting to take the A-line should be given the option to because that is how you improve your riding ability. Given that, it may be worth while making punters walk or at least have a look at it on foot before they go crashing and holding up practice for everyone else.

And failing that: all you 'experts' out there wanting to hit it up - step up to Elite!!

Otherwise, sweet track, pretty good shuttle turnaround as well. My only gripe is one of the last right hand corners in the forest is too tight (someone else said this as well) or needs a berm so you can hold a little more speed through it. It will have to be made solid enough to hold up for the national’s race tho or you may as well just bring the start of the corner back a little so you can turn in earlier.

Some turns (like at the 05 champs) before the fast bit right at the end, or just as good would be making the landing on the jump heaps further back so you don’t have to brake so hard to stop from over-clearing it……

dirtdemon

Likes Dirt
As i said before "a" or "b" lines shouldn't be decided by age group. And a national series event IS open to everyone. Your comments that there isn't much difference in skill level is wrong.

Look at the results from last year at Thredbo (which is one of the less technical courses on the series)

Under 19 1st 6:16:84 Last 11:00.11
Under 17 1st 6.27.02
Under 15 1st 7:11/87
Expert 1st 6:33.09

You may find that all the Under 19's don't have the ability to do the "a" line and those riders might "hold up" the Under 15's.

Maybe as a suggestion you should look at revising your strategy.