I'm a Beginner, i think i need help. With pics!!!

Jack122

Banned
Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I suggest a photo or two for starters so we know what you are talking about. Honestly, what can we tell you that may improve your trail without seeing any of it?

Dicky

Punter God
Ride it a lot.

Get some mates over to ride it a lot.

In fact, give it hell.

Once you figure out which sections are blowing out due to over-use, check out IMBA's trail building / maintenance guide. ;)

Electronic timing setups can be had for cheap these days too...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Get a free account on www.photobucket.com and upload your photos. When you have uploaded them you can paste the direct link into your thread.......easy!
A track with good flow is the best bet. If you fill it with too much random stuff it can take the flow out and ruin the run somewhat.
Make some corners, have multiple lines and use the natural terrain.
I'll put this thread in trail building for further discussion.

matty_101

Likes Dirt
Get a free account on www.photobucket.com and upload your photos. When you have uploaded them you can paste the direct link into your thread.......easy!
A track with good flow is the best bet. If you fill it with too much random stuff it can take the flow out and ruin the run somewhat.
Make some corners, have multiple lines and use the natural terrain.
I'll put this thread in trail building for further discussion.
Nah, a bagging would have been much more helpful.

Also, try to be specific, saying that it had "pentlyful downhill" means fuck all.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Make the jumps abit bigger, and put alot more dirt on to some off them.
So yeh, make them abit bigger and more dirt, be sweet.

Cheers

big geoff

Likes Dirt
I think i've seen you guys riding this track in your back yard when i was going for a walk with my missus. Anywho ages ago i was speaking to ben watkins who was involved with the building of barjarg (farkn sweet track) and he said it's all about walking from top to bottom of the proposed area with a bunch of dudes spread out and cataloging the natural features you can use then figure out between you how to (if you can) link them.

big geoff

Likes Dirt
madical spot

oh also if you guys live on or near the road that goes past the scout camp (opposite salisbury rd) at the second corner there is a small car park and some sort of reserve that comes out in guys hill. It got burned out recently so if your looking for a good spot with lots of features and potential that one would be sweet. Was going to do it myself but im building a long course up at bunyip.:D

Jack122

Banned
oh also if you guys live on or near the road that goes past the scout camp (opposite salisbury rd) at the second corner there is a small car park and some sort of reserve that comes out in guys hill. It got burned out recently so if your looking for a good spot with lots of features and potential that one would be sweet. Was going to do it myself but im building a long course up at bunyip.:D
where do you mean exactly, i live on st georges.

Jack122

Banned
I think i've seen you guys riding this track in your back yard when i was going for a walk with my missus. Anywho ages ago i was speaking to ben watkins who was involved with the building of barjarg (farkn sweet track) and he said it's all about walking from top to bottom of the proposed area with a bunch of dudes spread out and cataloging the natural features you can use then figure out between you how to (if you can) link them.
hang on, THAT WAS YOU?

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
OK so what u need to do is buy a pick and dig a hole then using the dirt from the hole put it on the pile of sticks and tiny bit of dirt u got and then u will have a jump.

Read in the trail section for proper tips but your first step is to DIG!!