In MY Day...

Rik

logged out
Wasn't it "goodie goodie yum yum" as well? Oh man, that show... 6pm on ABC, wasn't it? I blame it for warping my childhood forever.

>>insomniac<<

Likes Bikes
does anyone remember bangers and mash? lol

i remember playing asteroids on my atari on the t.v. my dad would get it out for us on special occasions lol

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
konasaurus said:
anyone play jill of the jungle or halloween harry

ahh all the built in games on my first computer just if i could remember the names.........
yeah! and commander keen!
and QBasic Gorillas!

Man, I was an addict.

cE

Likes Dirt
reax said:
Starblazers the Cartoon and robotech the 1st series, what about "The Young Ones"
Ahh yes Starblazers was fkn awesome. The flying boat with the big hole in the front which was a gun. the originality! you dont see things like that anymore.

How about Voltron?

As for C64...haha...shift run/stop....press play on tape! Way of the Exploding Fist was the best game ever. A close second would have to be the Boulderdash series. anyone remember the action replay and freeze frame cartridges?

those were the days!!

nickz

Likes Dirt
naz said:
i feel sorry for the people who look back and say, well in my day we had big brother and australian idol, ,.
I know, it's bad enough that people are mentioning Samurai Pizza Cats, that was only on a few years ago. The A-Team ruled, Dukes of Hazzard was on every day. Bless This House, Are you being served, all those British classics, Benny Hill too!!

thewayitis

Likes Dirt
I had a computer called the Tandy 2000 and there was no graphics. Just green writing on the screen. There was this sick detective game on it and you had to put in commands. My Dad still has his 386 with Windows 3.11 on. But hell it loads faster then this XP shit.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We got given a whole heap of archie comics by my cousins, which are probably still lying around here. I read the whole lot of them, you could never get bored of reggie trying to get veronica!

SNYKE

Likes Dirt
Anyone remember DOOM, Hexen or Heretic they were the original first person shooters. No mouse, no looking up and down, no strafe. Ahh the old days. Sounds weird seeing as though this was only about 10 years ago. But I remember SuperTed, Bananaman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Roger Ramjet and all the other cartoons that were cool.

Rik

logged out
SNYKE said:
Anyone remember DOOM, Hexen or Heretic they were the original first person shooters
Don't forget Wolfenstein 3D, which came before Doom. Ahh I remember playing that game non stop, and finally escaping!

Tomas

my mum says im cool
singlespeed01 said:
HAHAHA Vesna!! I swear Big Brother does things just to piss her off!!!
But seriously, as if you wouldnt do stuff to piss that stupid bitch off.

I mean, yeah! Go Vesna :rolleyes: .

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rik said:
Don't forget Wolfenstein 3D, which came before Doom. Ahh I remember playing that game non stop, and finally escaping!

damn you guys are n00bs.
Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss came before all those, was vastly superior, and was effectively an FPS. scary as all fuck too.

Shaun

Likes Dirt
how about Widget The World Watcher? now that was an awesome cartoon. Samurai Pizza Cats was one of my Favs. but seriously what about all the good Warner Bros and Hanna Barbara cartoons. Yogi and Booboo anyone?

none of this Yugi-oh crap that contaminates my tv of a morning. Sunrise is too boring to watch.

Ell

Likes Dirt
Shaun said:
how about Widget The World Watcher? now that was an awesome cartoon. Samurai Pizza Cats was one of my Favs. but seriously what about all the good Warner Bros and Hanna Barbara cartoons. Yogi and Booboo anyone?

none of this Yugi-oh crap that contaminates my tv of a morning. Sunrise is too boring to watch.
WIDGET!!! that goofy purple alien had his timeslot taken over by Vidiot, which when everyone thought they were cool, could remove the V to have idiot, then we laughed. But how about the old XT games like Digger? ally cat, word rescue, and early kings quests?

Rik

logged out
Vidiot was a killer show, I'd love to see the return of a similar music trivia format aimed at the younger market than the current crop like Spicks and Specks.

cheese

Likes Dirt
cE said:
How about Voltron?
"Chicks are like Voltron, the more you hook up, the better it gets."

With old video games, what about marathon? Bananaman was wicked, you could never get tired of the 'bananaman opens the tomato sauce when chief isnt looking, chief opens sauce and spill it all overhimself' gag.