In need of dh

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I encourage the building of DH tracks, the more the better but the building of one at duck creek doesnt really help

I dont know about you guys but im getting tired of driving 1+ hours to go train on!
does it.

Last edited:

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well yeah fair enough Rider15 but why flaw our ideas if you havent added any yourself?
Naw, Cody is so defensive! :p

Someone needs a hot chocolate and an early night.

And why be such a wanker, Matt? Everyone knows Duck Creek is within an hour of the CBD. :rolleyes:

is it close to a train station? because i think that needs to be one main part in where the track is built, not everyone is old enough to drive a car or has a license, and we cant take a bike on a bus...

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be up for it. Depending on where.
There just isn't really anywhere to build. Clear Mountain is the only hill I know that they don't really give a shite that we build on. No way we can make the existing track harder?

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As fisher was saying I think the best option is clear mtn. Certainly plenty of potential out there if people want to start making new lines.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

I am all for clear or beaudesert but clear is closer. Could we make a whole new track altogether and make it techy and fast and flowy? Havn't been there before.

Cheers

joshrides

Likes Dirt
Im up for this, i have no idea where clear mountain is tho? fill me in ?
And i have a few hills nearby i might see if some are on private property (which i think they are) and see what we can do about it.

And while im at it, i have saturday free ? anyone up for a ride somewhere ? saturday 19th that is(which is this saturday but i will forget to edit this after it so yea.)

Last edited:

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Clear Mountain is a short trip from the southside of Brisbane.
In the surrounds of Samford, Eatons hill and Cashmere/Warner.

It currently runs along a ridge and if veer off of that it would most likely end in a pedal fest back up a hill.
There is actually 2 tracks on Clear mountain, one a bit further down the hill, it is by no means a downhill track though and kind of run down. Push back up though :(

At the moment its really only challenging features are the jumps which take alot of speed. The actual track in between is extremely tame compared to Illinbah (only other track I've been to so far :rolleyes:) Its just not a very steep track.

At the start of the year when riding a council worker came up to my mum asking about the track, they don't really seem to care that its there, they have bulldozed the fireroad that it runs in and out of plenty of times and the track remains. But its technically Illegal.

As for location, In google earth search clear mountain, that will take you to the exact spot it starts.

J

JaRedy

You shouldnt be publicly asking people if they want to build an illegal track. Not a great idea.

If you can get something going that is secret, between you and your closer friends, then props to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

I will be happy with greevat. Recently not much action on this thread, Cody.... Whats happening? Are we doing anything or is it a lost cause?

Cheers

Last edited:

papa giuseppe

Cannon Fodder
Cody your a genious

yeah i agree, i live over that way and theres lots of land with nothing on it. Why isnt it put to good use???

d_j1

Likes Dirt
yeah im in.. djohnny1000@hotmail.com
everyone that rides in brissy should be on this thread... but there prob to busy on other threads bitchen bout how the have no new tracks..
Altrenativley, they're probably wanting to stick clear of adding their names to threads openly looking at the possibility of building illegal tracks. Also, they're probably spending time writing letters, with well constructed sentences and proper spelling and grammar, to council in an attempt to finally get some legal tracks, which will be better in terms of maintenance and the quality of the tracks.