Incredibly horrible car body shop experience.

Plow King

Little bit.
That is a pretty poor job.

A similar story happened to one of my parents best friends when we used to live in england. About 10 years ago he bought a car over there for 35 000 pounds or something. Approx 90 000 AUD (not sure what car it was) He had it for about a month and he got it comprehensivly insured for about 25k (Pounds) Simpily becase to get it insured for 35k was rediculous. Anyway. He took it into a shop to get serviced and someone from the business took it out for a 'test drive' and ended up drifting it into a pole and writing it off. Anyway he ended up asking them for another 10k in damages because that's what the car was worth (he bought it second hand) and they refused and took them to court and the car company ended up winning. Bastards.

So he managed to lose out on about 25k because some retard took his car out and crashed it into a tree.

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
That's insane. Wood, dents, overspray, the stock to painted lip looked horrible. Stuff that.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that makes me angry and it isnt even my car! i dont think he will have too many customers after this gets shoved round the net. what a shame..:rolleyes:

Graunched

Likes Dirt
Meh...... If you are that stupid to take your "pride and joy" to a place where they are quoting $250 (originally) for that much work then you get what you deserve.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian

A similar story happened to one of my parents best friends when we used to live in england. About 10 years ago he bought a car over there for 35 000 pounds or something. Approx 90 000 AUD (not sure what car it was) He had it for about a month and he got it comprehensivly insured for about 25k (Pounds) Simpily becase to get it insured for 35k was rediculous. Anyway. He took it into a shop to get serviced and someone from the business took it out for a 'test drive' and ended up drifting it into a pole and writing it off. Anyway he ended up asking them for another 10k in damages because that's what the car was worth (he bought it second hand) and they refused and took them to court and the car company ended up winning. Bastards.

So he managed to lose out on about 25k because some retard took his car out and crashed it into a tree.

Well, they would have only paid excess on the car, wouldn't they? The insurance company wouldn't pay an extra $10k out of "good will", after all, it's an insurance company.

'Ross

Eats Squid
I can see how this type of thing could happen to a n00b, but this guy appears to be some sort of enthusiast who apparently knows something about cars, you think he would have picked up on half of that shit before he picked up the car?

Plow King

Little bit.
Well, they would have only paid excess on the car, wouldn't they? The insurance company wouldn't pay an extra $10k out of "good will", after all, it's an insurance company.
I wasn't talking about the insurance company. I was talking about the garage that decided to drift his car into a pole.

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Let me get this straight, the car is worth 35, but he didnt want to insure it for 35 because its too expensive (i assume), car gets written off, they offer 25 and he wants 35? If thats the case he only deserves 25?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is just ridiculous. I honestly think I could do a far better job than the monkeys working on that. Lucky it was only an ugly 350z, different story if it was a 240 however.

I feel sorry for the guy.

Shredden

Knows his goats
That is just ridiculous. I honestly think I could do a far better job than the monkeys working on that. Lucky it was only an ugly 350z, different story if it was a 240 however.

I feel sorry for the guy.

Worse if it was a 200:eek: