Industry 9 trail wheels

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey dudes..
Recently I picked up a sweet bike which happened to have a set of industry 9 trail 650b wheels on it with alloy straight pull spokes etc..
They're light as fuck and I love them however they seem to be rated up to 98kg, and I'm about 95 all geared up at the moment.
The rear is making a bit of noise under load as I'd kind of expected.
Can they be tightened up like a regular spoke to try to combat this? Will they just break if too tight? Am I better off changing the rims to something more strong?

Sorry for the nub q's, I've always had someone else to do my wheels.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Just remember, i9 spokes are proprietary and $7 + a piece....

Which is currently around AUD $9.17 each.

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
And they are the sexiest wheels going round.

I have I9 on my downhill, XC and AM bikes and love them. Don't waste your time buying parts local just go to I9 and they will have them to you pretty quick and much cheaper than the local distro (who seems to have less sets of them than I do).

My experience from running them on multiple bikes is the hubs are bullet proof, the spokes are generally pretty good but are more susceptible to damage from a chain over shifting into them - sticks they seem fine. Spokes also really like to be evenly tensioned so if you end up replacing spokes I would de-tension the other spokes and then bring them all up to tension together. I wouldn't worry too much about the weight limit I have a set of ultra lights (which admittedly I don't use a lot) but they hold up to my weight which is heavier than you and they have a lower weight limit.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes they do sound insane! Haha

Thanks for the info mate, I'll get a mate to nip them up a bit and see if they quiteten up