Ingkerreke Commercial Mountain Bike Enduro 2013

crummy?

Likes Dirt
While I didn't get there this year, I'm following the results of those I know who have. Just a short burst about the results of Stage 1.

Andy Blair, no stranger to leading the ICME, has over a minutes lead heading into the second stage. Andy's team mate Shaun Lewis placed second with Tasmanian Ben Mather on his tail. A Tasmanian also featured in the top three woman's placings too with Rowena Fry across the line before Jenny Fay. Jenny King rounded out the podium but was five minutes down in time from the leading two woman.

The man in the midst of the action is Quantum Racing's Steve Billington, who will be blogging after every stage. Link here.

Last edited:

crummy?

Likes Dirt

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Stage 4 - Point to where's the next point?

The results are live and I can assure you the stories will be lengthy.

A point to point stage, the new Stage 4 crosses through remote desert terrain starting from the Ltyentye Apurte Community (Santa Teresa). The country surrounding Santa Teresa is rich in rock art, artefacts and ceremonial sights.

Not focusing on the front pack and their issues of during stage, I find just as much colour a little further back, local guru Paul Darvodelsky was sitting in 2nd overall for the 50-59 (Vintage) category after Stage 3 but during Stage 4 he lost close to 10 minutes to some of his closest rivals. Peter Selkrig (Fluro Guy) was the biggest winner in the category finishing 3 minutes in front of Laurie Berryman and John Allison. Steve Billington looks to have finished with a respectable time, at this stage it is most likely to hold onto the 3rd position in the Veteran overall GC.

Short wrap-up here.

More from event organisers Rapid Ascent.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Kick back. Punishment and then some more.

Finally get an inside look at Stage 2 with Steve from this years Hill Climb stage.

I thought it was important to share the big day as well, with a little rider perspective. Steve seems to be getting the whole desert experience. Blog here.

And most recently and what would have been nail-biting for any one in the top 10 of their category, this mornings ITT stage. All 22km/50mins of handlebar chewing and sand in the eye. Wrap-up here.

While Andy Blair and Rowena Fry seem to have dominated and have buffers in the GC to their competitors, tonights bunch start and plenty of singe-track is shaw to sort out riders out more.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
The final stages

So we head back a few days to catch up with Steve and his ITT.

Night racing is a love of mine and when it comes to events that include a little of the dark action, I'm all for it. In this case at the ICME the night stage is the penultimate, and a classic. Who can forget Andy Fellows blitzing the field and bettering his day-light time by some margin. I digress, a wrap of the night action.

It is the final stage, but there is another 35km to go. Is it all signed, crossed and dotted? Not when the racing in the categories is this close, an err, a mechanical could change the overall outcome. A blast about the final stage.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Is the ICME for you?

Like I said, I didn't head out to Alice for the event this year. Hope you enjoyed the ride, the read and following Steve's progress.

The feedback from this years event will always be mixed, mattering on priorities but I think this is an event for just about anyone. Ride on and enjoy. What am I doing next May?

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Like I said, I didn't head out to Alice for the event this year. Hope you enjoyed the ride, the read and following Steve's progress.

The feedback from this years event will always be mixed, mattering on priorities but I think this is an event for just about anyone. Ride on and enjoy. What am I doing next May?
Good to see a little bit of video footage from Alice. Thanks for sharing.