Injuries. What's your story?

mongoosemichael

Likes Dirt
About 2 weeks ago completely botched a landing resulting in an over the bars. I was flying towards a big rock tried to steer my trajectory by putting my left leg down. Resisted in me sliding on on foot at speed while my full body wish also pivoting around foot snagged on another rock and my knee bent in a very unnatural way. Tried for about 15 minutes to pick myself back up failing collapsing in pain every time. Thought I will have to wait for help so there I laid after 10 or so minutes I had sort of gathered my thoughts. Came to the realisation that myself and my bike were on the blind side of a high speed jump so the next rider along would hit me and my bike. So done a weird army crawl sort of with only one leg and dragged my bike of also . But it was late and no one was coming so I laid there lifted my bike up and used it to support me as I stood up. Luckily it was mostly descending from then on managed to sit on my bike and roll down. Came to a gradual climb couldn't ride it had to get off the bike lock out the front fork and use the bike as a crutch a fellow MTB rider offered assistance at this point but I thought I have got this so I said I'm ok almost back at the car. A bit gutter up the trail i collapsed when my leg gave out right in front of a couple of hikers they looked at me said nothing and kept walking. Got up on my own got back to the car got checked out I have N ACL rupture bone bruising high grade near complete tear of a few ligaments and cracked bone. See the surgeon tomorrow I will not be ridding for a long time .

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Update on my weekend stack... Getting sorer, bit more swollen, bit of groin pain. Level with me, I've got spinabiffeda, right? :pout:
There's no way to break this to you gently. I'm afraid you have Moorey's Syndrome.

Flint

Likes Dirt
13 weeks ago I shattered my Tibial Plateau into 4 pieces. 4 surgeries, 10 days in hospital, 2 plates and 20 screws. This week I got the go ahead to go from no weight bearing to 50% weight bearing. In 6 weeks time I might be able to go to full weight bearing.

All from messing up a tiny jump ><

Attachments

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
OMG Flint! Trying to look at the positives - nice metalwork - it's good to live in a country with excellent healthcare

MelbRod

Likes Dirt
I hope those are Ti plates and screws. If not, you just gained about 286g. On the plus side, you've probably lost about 2kg of muscle in your quads, so it's a win overall. :third:

mongoosemichael

Likes Dirt
13 weeks ago I shattered my Tibial Plateau into 4 pieces. 4 surgeries, 10 days in hospital, 2 plates and 20 screws. This week I got the go ahead to go from no weight bearing to 50% weight bearing. In 6 weeks time I might be able to go to full weight bearing.

All from messing up a tiny jump ><
Why do the small jumps always bite the hardest.

No breaks to date, hoping that continues.
Usual scrapes, cuts and grazes from my gumby riding style. And those trees that jump out willy nilly.
Got better technique over time. As you would hope?
Can sympathise with the bike as crutch though, wiped out onto a decent sized rock into my upper thigh. Couldn't stand up and still had to get back up two hills to reach the car. Bruising only showed faintly after 3 days. Kids thought it was piss funny, this being the third crash on the same trail in three weeks. Shut down Strava that day.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
After reading through this thread, I feel like my snapped scaphoid I did a few weeks ago isn't even worth a mention!

How are some of you still alive? Haha.